• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Rule Question

easygoose

Private
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2012
VA
I've done the searches and read conflicting information about the legality of flash hiders. I'm looking at a used gun that would be used mostly for f class comps, and it has a gemtech flash hider. Anybody have experience or know whether or not this would be a legal setup.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Rule Question

I think it would technically be legal... but a LOT of people would call it a muzzle brake in F Class... but it should be removable

Instead of guessing, can you either show us a picture of this "flash hider" or provide a link to one. The Gemtech site only talks about suppressors.

Doesn't look anything like a muzzle brake to me. I would not raise an objection at the match, but I would make snooty comments about it. Like "why would you want that thing at the end of a perfectly good barrel during a match?" or "Are you trying to hide from the targets?" I can probably come up with others.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Force_Multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Denys</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Instead of guessing, can you either show us a picture of this "flash hider" or provide a link to one. The Gemtech site only talks about suppressors.</div></div>

http://www.gem-tech.com/store/pc/QUICKMOUNTS-c15.htm </div></div>

1 of the 3 (the one at 9 o'clock) is good. The other two, NO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Denys</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Doesn't look anything like a muzzle brake to me. I would not raise an objection at the match, but I would make snooty comments about it. Like "why would you want that thing at the end of a perfectly good barrel during a match?" or "Are you trying to hide from the targets?" I can probably come up with others. </div></div>

Now that's funny!
grin.gif