• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rumor?? 6.5 Creedmoor Starline Small Rifle Primer Brass DISCONTINUED?

Joeg26er

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2018

Well, got a notification this was instock and jumped on 500
then got an email saying - ooops it's Large rifle primer and we did not know until After we shipped it.

I asked when it would be restocked and they said "I don’t believe it’s in production."

Searching around also brought up some other posts about small rifle brass not igniting 6.5 CM loads properly. Especially in cold weather or with powders other than H4350.

What says the hide?

• Haha
Reactions: S3th
Can confirm that CCI 450s have no issue igniting in my Lapua SRP brass. Haven’t tried any others.

Reactions: DIBBS
Use their SRP brass in one of my 6.5 manbun hunting rifles. Running the 140 Berger Elite Hunter in front of RL-16. Shot low left was a clean bore and cold bore shot. I'm set pretty well at the moment but I hope they keep making it. Primers a FGMM 205s.

Attachments

• Ballistic-X-Export-2021-05-07 15:47:17.915887.png
    Ballistic-X-Export-2021-05-07 15:47:17.915887.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 53
I've been happy with my SRP brass from Starline in my 6.5 so far. I've got about 500rds shot across 300 cases. I've ran 4350 and RL26 in front of CCI450's with no issues yet.

I don't load anything with a large primer, so its SRP brass for me.

Reactions: DIBBS
Well over 2800 rounds using Starline and Lapua SRP brass in my 6.5 Creedmoor with no issues. H4350 and CCI450 is my current load but also used Fed 205s because I had them when I started and didn't know I was "supposed" to use 450s. I'll stick with SRP brass when I buy the next batch once I have the rifle rebarreled.

Searching around also brought up some other posts about small rifle brass not igniting 6.5 CM loads properly. Especially in cold weather or with powders other than H4350.

What says the hide?

I feel like a lot of these rumors were perpetuated a bit by Johnny’s Reloading Bench. He used low powder charges and weak primers and did have issues. If you are barely filling the case, as you chamber the round, the powder can flow away from the primer, which affects ignition. I think some of his charge weights in those tests were 4-5 grains lower than what most people use for a given bullet weight. If you are running a normal charge weight and good primers, you’ll have no issue with SRP creed brass. Several thousand rounds of it in my rifles without issues with 205m’s and Cci 450’s (primarily used) in freezing to blistering hot conditions.

Jesus, is it really that hard to just call them and ask when SRP C'Moor brass might fall on the production schedule? Stop wasting everyone's time speculating/spreading rumors during a period of high demand/panic. Here I'll even make it easier:

CONTACT STARLINE

[email protected]

800-280-6660
660-827-6640

Monday - Friday
8am to 5pm CST

1300 W. Henry
Sedalia, Missouri, 65301

Last edited:
Jesus, is it really that hard to just call them and ask when SRP C'Moor brass might fall on the production schedule? Stop wasting everyone's time speculating/spreading rumors during a period of high demand/panic. Here I'll even make it easier:

CONTACT STARLINE

[email protected]

800-280-6660
660-827-6640

Monday - Friday
8am to 5pm CST

1300 W. Henry
Sedalia, Missouri, 65301

It's unbelievable isn't it?

How the fuck would we know better than Starline itself? And why the hell should we find out when the OP is who wants to know?

I feel like a lot of these rumors were perpetuated a bit by Johnny’s Reloading Bench. He used low powder charges and weak primers and did have issues. If you are barely filling the case, as you chamber the round, the powder can flow away from the primer, which affects ignition. I think some of his charge weights in those tests were 4-5 grains lower than what most people use for a given bullet weight. If you are running a normal charge weight and good primers, you’ll have no issue with SRP creed brass. Several thousand rounds of it in my rifles without issues with 205m’s and Cci 450’s (primarily used) in freezing to blistering hot conditions.

The same is true for LRP and you don't have to start threads about SRP brass getting discontinued because everyone makes LRP 6.5CM brass so you wouldn't have to care.