• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Runing dual PVS-14s as binoculars

LCatGA

Private
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2013
I have 2 PVS-14s and interesting in being able to run them as binocular once in the while.
What's available and recommended besides MOD Armory IC AN/PVS-14 Dual Tube Mounting System
Thanks

I am a dealer for the MOD armory dual mount, because after trying them all....it was simply the best.

Hi, LCatGA since you asked for other alternatives. N-Vision just released their NEW mount (they only had a prototype folks just handled at shot). We've been testing the full up pre-production mount for the last 2 months and it's the lightest out there for what it does. It only weighs 4.4 oz and folds completely flat against the helmet for a very low profile.

DualPVS14_h_zps6798215d.jpg

Another alternative is the new Wilcox bridge mount that will be released this summer as well. This mount will have some nifty surprises not seen in any other dual bridge mount. We are under NDA and cannot talk about this mount much, but it's getting thoroughly tested at the moment. Hope this helps.

The other alternative above is what Hakan from SPUHR is showing above is also an OUTSTANDING dual mount we've also not just "tried" but worked with for over a year now. A great sponsor Mile High Shooting on the Hide carries this as well.

Vic

Last edited:
Hi, LCatGA since you asked for other alternatives. N-Vision just released their NEW mount (they only had a prototype folks just handled at shot). We've been testing the full up pre-production mount for the last 2 months and it's the lightest out there for what it does. It only weighs 4.4 oz and folds completely flat against the helmet for a very low profile.

DualPVS14_h_zps6798215d.jpg

Another alternative is the new Wilcox bridge mount that will be released this summer as well. This mount will have some nifty surprises not seen in any other dual bridge mount. We are under NDA and cannot talk about this mount much, but it's getting thoroughly tested at the moment. Hope this helps.

The other alternative above is what Hakan from SPUHR is showing above is also an OUTSTANDING dual mount we've also not just "tried" but worked with for over a year now. A great sponsor Mile Hide Shooting on the Hide carries this as well.

Vic

Price and availability on that mount?

Probably want a counterweight too...

For dual use is really MUM14 seriousely preferable to PVS14 both because Of weight and inferior attachment system on PVS. Really sad as manual gain and some other features speaks strongly for pvs14.

Price and availability on that mount?

Probably want a counterweight too...

Sorry, should have placed a link. N-Vision Advanced Dual PVS-14 Bridge Mount ? Tactical Night Vision Company In stock.

As for counter weights, a must even though this dual mount is extremely light weight coming in at only 4.4oz. Total weight with 2 PVS's is at 29.2oz.

We recommend any of the EOG counterweight systems that you can remove and replace the amount of weight you need. Depending on your helmet, we offer a wide selection of EOG solutions here. Counterweights ? Catalog Categories ? Tactical Night Vision Company Also a notable new entry, Ops-Core just released their Counterweight Kit that has a Chemlight window and Velcro patch for Glint Tape for use with low light IFF. I like this one a bunch.

Counterweight_open_zps89a43f58.jpg

Counterweight_full_back_view_zps9825d8c6.jpg

Vic

Last edited:
For dual use is really MUM14 seriousely preferable to PVS14 both because Of weight and inferior attachment system on PVS. Really sad as manual gain and some other features speaks strongly for pvs14.

I have one MUM and 2 PVS-14s might post one for trade for MUM :)

Dual NVG are heavy....and its not lighter when the NVG itself is much heavyer than it need to be.

The thread and the small slot in The PVS14 is far from ideal to guide the NVG in The right direction. So in order to have both PVS14 to look in The same direction I put one ring in The front and one in The rear and that worked out well. I played around to with using original attachment (1/4" thread +tiny slot) but never got satisfied with the result. However it's possible someone else managed it, but i don't know how......
e6agybyj.jpg

Here is a picture showing both original attachment and my bridge to have the two pvs14 looking in same direction.

Putting two Monos (of any flavor) together is tricky at best! However we have done it!

I know your asking for options other than the IC Dual 14 mount, I would like to ask, is your goal simply to put two PVS-14s together as Binos? All of the offerings on the market will do that. However may I suggest the following relevant questions to aide you in your decision making process.

Do you want a rock solid lock up at all points of the system?

Do you want to be able to have the PVS-14s accurately collimate? *Note* See below for explanation on Collimation.

Do you want your Infinity Focus Ring clear In case you want to use that area of the PVS-14 for mounting other accessories such as a weapons mount or maybe a COTI mount?

Do you want to be able to fold the PVS-14s back against the helmet in the stowed position thus transferring the weight closer to the center of gravity of the whole head/helmet?

Do you want to be able to quick detach either of the PVS-14s for possible weapons mounting, attaching to spotting scopes or, just handing the PVS-14 off to another person? Then reattach them to the helmet just as quickly and easily?

If you answered yes to any of these questions then the IC mount is for you. If you answered no then any of the other mounts will do what you want.

Here are a couple photos of the system with the Wilcox G-24 mount! This and the right counterweight, the system is a dream to run.

System down and locked ready to run.

System up and stowed. Notice how low the Monos lay back on the Helmet.

Right PVS-14 detached and weapons mounted. Left still down and locked.

Left up and stowed.

Weapons mounted role with EO Tech.

Two is one and one is none! For the ultimate in flexibility and reliability the IC mount is the logical choice. Made proudly In America and Designed by Former US Military personnel.

These are in stock, ready to put in a box and ship for $550.00 (Black) and $610.00 (Tan) In addition we give a $25.00 discount to Snipershide members PM to let us know your screen name on here and get the system for $525.00 (Black) and $585.00 (Tan)

*Note* Collimation is described as "making (rays of light or particles) accurately parallel." The reason one would want Collimation in a dual tube system is to prevent headaches from the systems not looking at a scene with parallel alignment of each monocular. The IC Dual 14 mount is the only system on the market that is designed to hold Collimation. In addition the Big Three (I^2 technologies, MOD Armory, Ident marking) all have the test equipment and the necessary training to properly collimate a Dual tube system. If you buy a Dual mount from us and are experiencing any kind of issues we will collimate your system for FREE!!! Simply send it in and we will hook it up right and get it back to you very fast! Usually one day turn around!

Last edited:
I've been running the Mod Armory mount for a few months and have no complaints. My PVS14s haven't been collimated but it hasn't caused my any problems.

I've been running the Mod Armory mount for a few months and have no complaints. My PVS14s haven't been collimated but it hasn't caused me any problems.

Good to hear! With the tolerances held as tightly as they are and the lock up method used, the deck is seriously stacked in favor of the end users to simply, bolt the PVS-14s up and go. BUT ! ! ! If you ever do have a problem, we are a phone call or an email away and we will hook you up!

I have been running the ModArmory dual mount now for about 5 months. Really very simple to use, When I drive I use the dual set up. The rest of the time I use the dual mount but with only one 14 mounted and the other one weapons ready. Works great. As Pete says, the best customer service is only a text away or phone call.

Has anyone tried the pitbull housing in a bino config. It looks like all these adaptors are made for the full size 14s butI was thinking about swapping out my housing to save weight and bulk. Any one have any experiance with them.

Has anyone tried the pitbull housing in a bino config. It looks like all these adaptors are made for the full size 14s butI was thinking about swapping out my housing to save weight and bulk. Any one have any experiance with them.

The Pitbull Housing, while it is sorta patterned off of the PVS-14 (the Pitbull will accept USGI J Arm and weapons mount) will not work with the IC Dual PVS 14 mount. We are working on a modification so that the Pit bull will plug up! Should have an answer on that in about two weeks!