• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk Running a gas gun

I have considered shooting a match or 2 with one instead of the bolt

Seems like a great way to get good with one.

Looks like a good time. Can't say I'll ever understand the requirement to yell safe during movement.
Gas guns are moving with a loaded chamber, while bolt guns are running with an open chamber. Yelling safe is telling everyone on the line that “yes, I did safe the rifle before I started moving.” Beyond that, it is a rule specifically called out during the safety brief. PRS is a game, with rules, and you abide by the rules or accept a DQ. Simple.

Gas guns are moving with a loaded chamber, while bolt guns are running with an open chamber. Yelling safe is telling everyone on the line that “yes, I did safe the rifle before I started moving.” Beyond that, it is a rule specifically called out during the safety brief. PRS is a game, with rules, and you abide by the rules or accept a DQ. Simple.
I can understand it's a rule, understand what it does and understand what happens if you don't follow it while still not understanding the reason it exists. Every shooting sport I'm involved in has 10x the movement during a stage with a far broader range of direction and obstacles to cause problems, with no requirement to activate the safety much less tell everyone about it.

I can understand it's a rule, understand what it does and understand what happens if you don't follow it while still not understanding the reason it exists. Every shooting sport I'm involved in has 10x the movement during a stage with a far broader range of direction and obstacles to cause problems, with no requirement to activate the safety much less tell everyone about it.
Don’t shoot a match at Rifles Only then. They, apparently, require you to remove the mag and empty the chamber before movement…

He is correct about Rifles only. All movement is bolt back mag out. When shooting there it is easier to load only the number of rounds per movement on the stage. That way you have automatic bolt open. Then drop mag and move. Insert new mag and continue shooting.

During the 2 day at Best In Texas I was very worried I would forget to say safe and get dq'd.

Lol ok principal skinner. Guy was just saying the rule is lame he didn’t insult your precious PRS safety manual.

• Haha
Reactions: Snuby642
Some height challenged individual design that barracade ?

Lol ok principal skinner. Guy was just saying the rule is lame he didn’t insult your precious PRS safety manual.
Do you shoot PRS? Why is is always people who don't even shoot the sport who are bad mounting the rules.

Here is a little hint. The sport is over 10 years ago. The rules are there for a reason.

Reactions: lead ƒarmer
Some height challenged individual design that barracade ?
Hey We will take those short barricades any day over the ones that people under 5'10 cant shoot.

Shot a 2 day match last weekend where me and my partner couldn't even get a stable shot. You would think after spending a grand to shoot it between fees and travel you wouldn't get hosed like that.

MD's really need to be more considerate of different height people and design stages that take that into account.

Reactions: Snuby642
Do you shoot PRS? Why is is always people who don't even shoot the sport who are bad mounting the rules.

Here is a little hint. The sport is over 10 years ago. The rules are there for a reason.
When me n my buddies shoot in my backyard no one yells safe and we don’t use these 29lbs guns y’all use. Haven’t had a problem yet been blasting cans for more than 10years tell you that much. I don’t need no sport to tell me I’m a crack shoot, buddy.

• Haha
Reactions: Rob01
Cool story bruh.

The cool thing about shooting is that there are enough games for every one. And, you don’t have to play the games with rules you don’t like. And, and, you can be the bestest if you don’t keep score.

Reactions: lennyo3034
Just...making sure this is a troll dogpile.

Surely nobody is fucking stupid enough to actually suggest that moving on uneven terrain with a loaded rifle with the safety off is the super cool kids way of sticking it to the man?