• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Russian film "Quiet Outpost"

superjc

Sergeant
Minuteman
I just stumbled across this while my wife (from Ukraine) was looking up something. You can't even buy it in U.S. dvd format, and I couldn't find any useful subtitle files that worked... I found the movie floating around the web in 8 pieces, glued it together, and edited some of the action scenes here (quality is reduced- sorry, I'm new to video editing) for your enjoyment:

Quiet Outpost (action scenes) "Tikhaya Zastava" (SP?)

If you ever run across the title in your travels, it's a pretty good flick IMO!

Re: Russian film "Quiet Outpost"

So how is it working out for you to have a wife from Ukraine?
Did you meet her thru one of the websites that has package trips for Americans to go over there and meet locals?
Just curious cause I saw a couple of news documentaries anout that.

Re: Russian film "Quiet Outpost"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Okie Gordon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So how is it working out for you to have a wife from Ukraine?
Did you meet her thru one of the websites that has package trips for Americans to go over there and meet locals?
Just curious cause I saw a couple of news documentaries anout that. </div></div>

No she came here when she was 12 & was the friend of the wife of my armored truck partner.

If you do happen to find .avi or .mkv movie files floating around the web, sometimes you can also find the separate subtitle files, the extension is .srt I have found them on more than one occasion where subtitles are not hard-coded into the video. In the case of this movie, the translation was horrific and not in sync with the movie itself. In VLC media player (what I use) open the .srt file via the Video -> Subtitles menu