• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Russian Houses don't have celling fans

kraigWY

CMP GSM MI
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2006
Wyoming
I found out why.

I have a display of vintage surplus rifles on a gun rack displayed with the bayonets attached.

Someone asked me about the firing pin protrusion of the Mosin Rifle. Didn't know so I had to take it off the rack to measure it.

I discovered Mosin bayonets and celling fans don't play well together. However you can play with your M1 Carbine w/bayonet attached without any problems.

So as I was replacing the blades on my celling fans I figured out that Russians must not have celling fans. (by the way, M1917 Enfields w/bayonets arn't much better then Mosins when it comes to celling fans).

Display.JPG

• Haha
Reactions: camocorvette
Re: Russian Houses don't have celling fans

aw crap
frown.gif
im sorry , i regret asking knowing what happened.

i love your gun rack

haha i guess russians dont have ceiling fans huh ? thank you for providing me with those numbers

anyone else interested in providing me their firing pin protrusion depths on their mosins ?

That mean ol' fan even knocked your John Wayne gun rack crooked!
grin.gif

Nice collection kraig.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kraig, when were you with APD?</div></div>

Yes sir, Mar. 8th 1974 to Mar 8th 1994.

Ouch. My dad has a Mosin with a Bayonet like the second one in the pic. It was captured from the North Vietnamese. His bayonet folds back to avoid contact with ceiling fans!

Kraig-
Maybe those crafty Roosians don't attach the bayonet for indoor display racks?

Kinda goes along with eskimos not grilling inside the igloo
grin.gif

Or Native Americans unloading their bows before going in the tepee.

Wait was that racist?

I bet their doorways are taller too because they're always Russian out of the house...

Ok, what the heck were they thinking when they mounted a TWO foot long bayonet, were they afraid to get too close?

I saw the Alaska plaque there - what's it for? (adp?)

Father in law worked at the jail in Fairbanks for 25 years, knows most of the troopers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw the Alaska plaque there - what's it for?</div></div>

I was the senior tech. on the bomb squad for APD for about 16 years.

That plaque was presented to my by the Bomb Squad when I retired. (note the winged bomb in the left corner of the plaque. Same as my avatar.

nice collection!

I know what you mean. I hardly ever put the bayonet on my 91/30. I feel like a Midieval pikeman!

the firing pins on all my mosin protrude enough to ignite primers.
cheers and nice collection