• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Russian LR primers

STP

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2002
Watkins Glen, NY
In 2003 or so, I used some of the Russian KVB-7 primers. Is there an equivalent to these now...PMC? Wolf?

Re: Russian LR primers

I have boxes of old and new. The package I received from the Palma supplier "Bob Jones" or whoever it was in 02 or 03 has the identical plant and part number on the boxes as my new Wolf LR primers. The cup, anvil and mixture look the be the exact same also.

Re: Russian LR primers

Scott, my Wolf LR's are marked 4G/Y 7.5/S/04, made by "Federal State Unitary Enterprise, Murom Apparatus Producing Plant." I never got in on the original Russian primers, but I am using these almost interchangably with Fed GM 210M. There is really little to no difference in vertical at 1k within shot strings with either Fed or Wolf. But my records show I need to come up 1/4 moa at 1k for the Wolf to match the Fed with temps below 50*. (Sorry, this is using IMR 4064, Lapua cases, 175 SMK's in my 308.)

Gary

There are now Tula 7.62 primers. I got some for $90/5k with free shipping about 8 months ago at grafs and they work well. I am on my phone so I can't get a picture up.