• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Russian scope ID

usmc7980

Sarge
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2008
Springfield MO USA
Can anybody help identify what this is? I'm looking for abuddy who just got a saiga and this is mounted on it

DSC01807_0456.jpg

DSC01811_0464.jpg

DSC01814_0467.jpg

Re: Russian scope ID

ask over at kalinkaoptics.com they carry all that eastern bloc stuff.

smart ass, he just wants to know if it is worth anything or if he can toss it and get something better for it

Lighten-up Francis...
wink.gif

Notice the
wink.gif
grin.gif
?

It's called a joke, as in...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ever notice how the English translations for the Russian scope designations seem to be PU, PO, <span style="font-weight: bold">POS</span>/P?

FWIW, yours appears to be an older PSO that some call the "Lynx" in the NIMP-II side mount bracket assembly. Most are 4x, as in PSO-4, but there is a slightly larger PSO-7 too. At least according to a 5 minute search on the ErrorNet...

Fair enough?

You now ask "is (it) worth anything, can (he) toss it and get something better for it"?

You’re looking at it, precision fit, finish, HSLD wiring and all, you be the judge…

Yea, I thought so...

But, just what is “your friend” expecting from his scope mounted Saiga?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VSP968</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a PblCb.
Tantal used to sell them.
The BDC reticle is for 7.62X39.
I'll look and see if I can find the manual.....
Edited to add:
I found the manual: or course it's all in Russian.
It's X6..... </div></div>

VSP968, are you sure on the PblCb?

Here's some of the PSO/Lynx info I mentioned previously...

Per Tantal's 2003 catalog...

"The following models are the latest upgrade versions of the popular PSO-series, designed specifically for use with SVD and Kalashnikov rifles."

There were several listed including the following:

lynx67x29mm.jpg

LYNX-6 7x29

"These are brand new shipped in original factory heavy black vinyl carrying cases. Lynx-6 features <span style="font-weight: bold">7x power</span> with an illuminated rangefinding reticle, and is ready for use on Tigr/SVD, AK and Saiga/Vepr rifles. An incredible value, this rifle scope can be used in daylight without the need for illumination, or the reticle can be operated in low light or at night, with standard watch style batteries. This optic is supplied direct from the factory with the correct side mounting bracket that will attach to all types of Russian designed small arms, and has the ability to adjust on it's rings to provide the exact eye relief on any variation of receiver or stock configuration. Bracket is fully adjustable and centers the scope over the centerline of the bore. Lynx-6 is equipped with target style reticle adjusting turrets and a 1,100 meter rangefinder of the horizontal design."

And here is the NIMP-II mounting bracket as well...

NIMP-II.jpg

I don't know, but it sure looks like the set-up pictured by USMC7980...