• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RWS age?

camocorvette

Send it
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 1, 2010
    Minnesota
    I've been searching for ammo for my Anschutz. Need a bunch for the season. Found some of this and got 2 boxes just to try.
    pix793814660.jpg

I believe it to be older ammo. But was well stored so there should be no issues.
    Also I picked up 5k of SK red for 950 shipped. So I'm good on that.

What say the hide. The rws should shoot too huh? Anyone shoot it? I know it's 22 ammo and there are a ton of variables.

Thanks!

20230515_161011.jpg
    20230515_161004.jpg
    20230515_160936.jpg

Not sure of that helps. I also realized there's one more set of numbers on it but didn't take a photo. Will update when I do. Thanks to those who have commented. I haven't shot it yet though

71TB1

31 October 2007

First two numbers minus 40 = day of manufacture

First letter is month

Jan. K
    Feb. L
    Mar. M
    Apr. N
    May. O
    Jun. P
    Jul. Q
    Aug. R
    Sept. S
    Oct. T
    Nov. U
    Dec. V

Second letter is year

2006 - A
    2007 - B
    2008 - C

You get the idea.

Last edited:
    Reactions: camocorvette
    I just shot the last of some from Aug 07 yesterday. Shot in the .5-.8 range at 50 from my Vudoo. Only shot two groups with it at 100, 1.25 and 1.5. but my wind skills leave a lot to be desired.
    The lube on mine had all but dried up over the years, waxy with some whitish discoloration.

Reactions: camocorvette
    @justin amateur your a scholar and a gentleman, thank you!

@Vodak that's good to hear. Same on the lube with mine. Just gonna load it and shoot. I figured it should be decent. It was stored correctly. Be great practice ammo. I'll post up when I shoot it.

Thanks again for the information everyone!