• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RWS Target Rifle .22LR ammo and Vudoo-accuracy?

J Scott

Private
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2003
USA
If any of you have experience shooting this specific ammo, RWS Target Rifle in a Vudoo .22, what are your accuracy results at 50 and 100 yards?

(disclaimer-I realize part of the joy or pain in the ass with .22's is there are many variables to consider in the accuracy equation, I"m just trying to get a broader perspective by reading your actual results) Thank you.

Very mixed results from different lots, some fantastic some not so good. Not like Center X where most of the time it is good.

Reactions: J Scott
Center x and cci standard shoot the same for me too 100 here’s 10 at 50y

Attachments

• 642CDCA0-A311-4E15-ABE6-EB3D47454BC2.jpeg
    642CDCA0-A311-4E15-ABE6-EB3D47454BC2.jpeg
    770.2 KB · Views: 282
Reactions: BuckeyeSniper
I've shot 3 different lots of RWS out of my Anschutz 64. Two of them are fantastic.

The third lot shoots about the same at 50yds that the others shoot at 100.

In fact, a recent brick of blue box Federal Champion 40gr outshot the one lot of RWS.

Shot some last week out of 2 vudoo's. It was an old lot (~20 years) so take this with a grain of salt.

10 rd group @50m had 21.96mm OD in one rifle and 36.48mm OD in the other. @ 100m did 54.84mm in one rifle and 42.16mm in the other failed to track most of the shots at 100 for whatever reason. ES on velocity was 40.1fps in one rifle and 80.6 in the other.

Not good performance in either rifle relative to most other ammo in it's price range. SK match is a little cheaper and center-x a little more. Both shot better. We also had some new Norma match that day which was not old and is also RWS headstamped stuff and of similar cost. It did not do any better. It actually had an ES of 112.2 fps out of one barrel :eek:

Reactions: *rim-star*
So, I don't have first hand experience with it in a Vudoi, but I've shot it in a CZ457, Ruger Precision Rimfire, and a Bergara B14R. In the CZ and Bergara at 50 yards I'll get 3-4 shots right on top of each other, but ALWAYS have 1-2 flyers that are 1/4" or more out of the group. In the Ruger, I get about the same overall group size (usually 1/2" @ 50), but more uniformly disbursed instead of 1 main group and flyers. Friend at the club has a Vudoo and gets similar results with his rifle as I get in my Bergara/CZ.

Not target rifle, but you can call Dave at Anschutz and order a brick of rifle match. There’s 5 total lots and he can send you two boxes of each so you can test them. From what I’ve seen it’s cheaper than the target rifle.

RWS Target Rifle is the equivalent of SK Standard + or Eley Target.
Almost the bottom of the pile for those particular bands.
Not good enough to get past the factory batch testing to be labeled as a better product.
For close range work, or practice when results don't matter.
MV spread and an occasional stray caused by cartridge manufacturing defects.

My VuDoo loves RWS ammo. I have never used the Target Rifle, I always use R50 or R100. Lapua Midas M works very well too.

Shot some last week out of 2 vudoo's. It was an old lot (~20 years) so take this with a grain of salt.

10 rd group @50m had 21.96mm OD in one rifle and 36.48mm OD in the other. @ 100m did 54.84mm in one rifle and 42.16mm in the other failed to track most of the shots at 100 for whatever reason. ES on velocity was 40.1fps in one rifle and 80.6 in the other.

Not good performance in either rifle relative to most other ammo in it's price range. SK match is a little cheaper and center-x a little more. Both shot better. We also had some new Norma match that day which was not old and is also RWS headstamped stuff and of similar cost. It did not do any better. It actually had an ES of 112.2 fps out of one barrel :eek:

I had the same results from Norma match, the lot I tried was terrible, my rifle produces better accuracy with the older CCI-SV I have.

Yep, it's not so much about the brand or labeling on the box,
as it is the quality of the cartridges as they come off the assembly line.
I've had 4 cent a round 22lr produce a 50 shot group at 50 yards, that would hide behind a dime,
and 40 cent a round ammo that had an mv spread so bad it couldn't be covered with a quarter.
It's not brand that the rifle "likes", but the quality of the cartridges that results in those consistent trajectories.

My problem is finding those well made cartridges.
Ammo that did extremely well from one box of 50,
threw strays from the next box out of the same brick.
Such is the luck of the assembly line lottery.

Last edited: