• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

S.A.S.S. or R.E.P.R. advice needed

AzraelsSniper

Private
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2011
I am currently deployed to Iraq and I am doing my research on building a S.A.S.S. or R.E.P.R when I return. I could use some advice on who manufactures good products for me to look into. Or even possibly buying an already built model. Any advice or tips is much appreciated thank you

Re: S.A.S.S. or R.E.P.R. advice needed

How about looking at the LMT MWS? Pretty dang good shooter right out of the box.

Welcome! If you want information, you came to the right place. Start on page 1 of this section and read to page 50. By the time you get there all your questions will be answered. If not, read page 51 - 100. Trust me, everything you want to know is here already. Also use Google to search the Hide by typing in "Snipershide" followed by your search topics. Works better than the forum search.

Thank you for your service oversees.

If you want a built gun I would start looking at the larue OBR which 3 of the 4 top shooters at the international sniper competition at fort benning this year were running. Also the GAP-10 is from initial reviews just as good. Also highly praised is the LMT MWS. it's all a matter of personal preference. But of you search this forum there is more than enough info for to keep you occupied to you get back. Stay safe.

Huge price difference between the two. Depending on what specs you want it to have or what you're going to use it for, both will give you about the same in performance. If you're going to spend that kind of money, I'd HIGHLY recommend having a Larue or GAP-10 built for you. I sold my SASS and got a GAP-10 and haven't been happier. I really liked the SASS but it was heavy and just didn't perform like a GAP. I've heard nothing but good things about the Larue as well.

The two REPR's I have any experience with were o.k. Just o.k. One had a stovepipe problem, the other was having a FTF, don't know if magazine related. For that kind of $, a buyer should have zero problems.

I know it was a small sampling, but still, both rifles weren't squared away. Wouldn't be my #1 pick. Accuracy was good, but I just wouldn't feel comfortable with a rifle that didn't go BOOM when I wanted it to.