• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S and B reticles???

Foweis

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 19, 2009
New mexico, USA
I love how the 4-16x42 looks with the double turn moa knobs.
And the more i read the more im sure that matching the reticle with the knobs is the way to go. but i realy dislike low profile knobs.
DOES Schmidt & Bender OFFER A MOA RETICLE??

JUST ANOTHER NOOB!!!
smile.gif

Re: S and B reticles???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Foweis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
DOES Schmidt & Bender OFFER A MOA RETICLE??

JUST ANOTHER NOOB!!!
smile.gif
</div></div>

No, but they offer something better a Mil reticle with Mil turrets. Great scopes IMHO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Foweis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok thank you, what about double turn mil knobs?
</div></div>

Why would you need them?

Disclaimer: I am no S&B guru or precision-rifle guru for that matter. Don't own a S&B, but aspire to.

My understanding is only the MOA knob is double-turn on the S&B.

With that said, I'd advise to match the reticle and knobs (mil/mil). Don't get hung up on the single/double-turn aspect of it.

Illuminated P4F
Schmidt & Bender 3-12x50 Police Marksman LP 34mm Riflescope

* Matte
* Illuminated P4F
* 34mm
* Double Turn Knob
* Side Focus
* 0.1 MRAD

sounds like a winner.

My 4X16X42 PMll has a single turn Mill turret with 13 mills of adjustment. 13 Mills will correct for 468 inchs of drop a 1000 yards. It will take 44.6 MOA for the same amount of correction, thus no real need for double turrets in Mill configuration IMHO

Theres nothing wrong with miss matching a mil reticle and a MOA knob,It works for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Surgeon-Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Theres nothing wrong with miss matching a mil reticle and a MOA knob,It works for me. </div></div>

Yea, but there is nothing anvantageous about it either

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Foweis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">not that i need more mils, just that i like the way big knobs are. </div></div>
Is that some kind of euphamism?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Foweis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DOES Schmidt & Bender OFFER A MOA RETICLE??

</div></div>

Sure they do, they just happen to be 3.438 moa between their markings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jwp475</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Surgeon-Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Theres nothing wrong with miss matching a mil reticle and a MOA knob,It works for me. </div></div>

Yea, but there is nothing anvantageous about it either </div></div>

Great deals on perfectly good optics that noone wants on their safe queens anymore because they read online that you ain't shit if your turrets don't match your reticle, would be one advantage.

no problem. I was in your same boat. Dont like the single turn and didnt want moa. The scope mentioned was the only alternative I could find. I was working on an M40A3 build and did want to get as close look wise as possible. Good luck in your search!
CC