• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S&B 12-50X56 P4F SFP

EventHorizon

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2009
NC
Does anyone know at what magnification the second focal plane has the reticle being true?

Has anyone used this scope for F-TR or ELR shooting? Opinions?

Re: S&B 12-50X56 P4F SFP

A mate of mine has this scope and loves it! I think his is FFP .I run a 10 to 50 sightron which is ok but the S&B just kicks arse.sorry dont know about 2nd FP

If it is second focal plane the reticle is true at 50 mag.
Unless S&B are different than every other SFP out there...

I am just guessing but the purpose to having the 12-50 in second focal is so the reticle doesn't get so large at the 50x that it obstructs your view of the target...That being said, I would imagine that it is set up for around 15-25X to use it for milling.

Call Alex with Euro optics. He will know

I have one in FFP and really like it on my 338 lapua. It seems like I asked about the SFP model and was told the reticle is accurate at 25x.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bward</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have one in FFP and really like it on my 338 lapua. It seems like I asked about the SFP model and was told the reticle is accurate at 25x. </div></div>

That makes sense. It also tracks with Hensoldt who have their reticles being true at the mid-point of the max magnification.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I'll give Alex a call as well. This seems like the best F-TR scope with the exception of the insane MArch 80x.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T2CH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it is second focal plane the reticle is true at 50 mag.
Unless S&B are different than every other SFP out there...</div></div>
There a ton of SFP scopes out there that are calibrated below max magnification. NF has quite a few units out there, but they are not alone.