• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S&B 3-20x50

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 20, 2008
Gents,

I posted this in another thread and I've searched around for answers so thought it would be best to start a new thread.

It appears that the 3-20 has undergone some changes since it was initially shown @ shot 27 years ago
smile.gif
, specifically the turret appears to have been redesigned. I've seen video reviews of the initial prototype but can't find anything on the new design.

This from 6mmbr.com caught my eye: "The most obvious difference on the revised 3-20 was the updated locking turret that is different, and much better than it was 2 years ago."

Can anyone who was @ shot or someone from S&B provide an update the new design?

Thanks,
Rath

Re: S&B 3-20x50

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rath</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gents,

I posted this in another thread and I've searched around for answers so thought it would be best to start a new thread.

It appears that the 3-20 has undergone some changes since it was initially shown @ shot 27 years ago
smile.gif
, specifically the turret appears to have been redesigned. I've seen video reviews of the initial prototype but can't find anything on the new design.

This from 6mmbr.com caught my eye: "The most obvious difference on the revised 3-20 was the updated locking turret that is different, and much better than it was 2 years ago."

Can anyone who was @ shot or someone from S&B provide an update the new design?

Thanks,
Rath </div></div>

I was at SHOT and looked at both the 1-8 Short Dot and the 3-20 PMII.

I was not aware of any difference in the locking turret on the 3-20 vs. that seen previously. On the display samples of the 3-20x the locking feature was simple to use and can be left "unlocked" by just leaving the locking ring alone. There was a visible signal on the turret when the locking ring was engaged, I thought that was helpful and maybe different from the earlier version.

The 1-8 locking turret is a bad design in my opinion, they should either have a knob set without it or use the same type of locking knob from the 1-4x Short Dot.