• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes s&b 4x16xpower reticle question

Re: s&b 4x16xpower reticle question

Mine is a 5-25 and has the P4f. I do not find it too fine. As a matter of fact, I think it is my favorite reticle of all. I dont spend much time on 5X, but the reticle appears perfectly usable to me on that power.

4x16 with P4 F and I love it but I am not a fan of thick reticles and do VERY little shooting on the lower end of the scale.

Here is the comparison between the 4-16x50 and the 5-25x56:

4-16x50
FOV @ 100m 7.62m-2.33m
Exit pupil 12.5mm-3.125mm

5-25x56
FOV @ 100m 5.3m-1.5m
Exit pupil 10.95mm-2.28mm

Both have incredible glass and the P4F reticle at .125 MOA thick is a great addition to the scope. The 4x and 5x bottom ends of these scopes constrict FOV somewhat (the 4-16x at around 4.8 and the 5-25 at around 7.8) but the reticle vertical and horizontal outside stadia work well for picking up the crosshair at lower power.

As far as brightness goes, tough to tell a difference between the two. I've included exit pupil sizes above for relative light delivery to the pupil on min & max magnification. Both have stellar optical quality.

I hope that helps!