• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S&B 5-20x50 PM II Ultra Short / first-hand experience anyone?

ptosis

Maniacal nitpick
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2014
Switzerland
(if the subject was already raised here, please disregard)

S&B have recently released a very compact 5-20 PM II scope:
5-20x50 PM II Ultra Short

Looks like a sweet little toy (I wish they made a similarly compact 3-12x).

Did anyone had a chance to play with it? Any first-hand experience, any thoughts?

They have the new version with 35 mil elevation turret instead of 17. Jason @ EuroOptic said they're awesome. Like Hennys 3.5-26 little brother. Going to get one or the upcoming 3-20 ultra short version for my OBR. The price is high.... its up to you if its worth it.

Schmidt Bender PMII 5-20x50 LP LT MTC/CT DT MSR Scope for sale!

A compact 3-20? Wow! I did not know these were going to come, thanks for the tip.

I have a "full size" 3-20, which is absolutely awesome, but a bit cumbersome to drag around in the mountains. If the compact version does not sacrifice much in terms of field of view and mechanics, I know what to ask Santa for 2015.

Re: prices -- totally insane indeed; it hurts the eyes just to watch the figures. Yet, as you say, up to us to see if it's worth it (or wait until competition comes up with similar performance in similar form factor, and the prices drop).

The trick with this line is finding a mount that works - there's not a lot of room on either side of the turrets, especially with the illumination knob.

Re: prices -- totally insane indeed; it hurts the eyes just to watch the figures.

Holy Cow! $4,600 MSRP????

This type of outrageous pricing along with their ultra clumsy attempt to launch a 1-8x Short Dot really makes one wonder about S&B's marketing strategy. Particularly with more and more companies building better and better scopes.

I love my 5-25x PMII's. Bought them all used for less than $3k each. Apologies to the OP for thread drift but I'm really scratching my head over this.

David I've been thinking about picking one up for a few reasons but 4600 is hard to swallow for sure. They are tiny though and I personally like the single rev elevation turret and capped windage turrets. As far as elevation it's enough to take me a long long way with my 6mm Creedmoor so definitely enough. I missed a used one on here for 3600 or so by a few hours.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Get one brother! I'd love to see and fondle one, my curiosity is definitely aroused. When you experience things first hand, it sometimes helps understand cost vs benefit. You know I'm a dedicated S&B user.

Hopefully I'll have this cast off my ankle in another week or so and will be back out at the range.

Right now I'm having to pinch penny's but I'll probably get one on the way in a few months. I wonder if the glass is similar to the other 20x optic which to me is better than my 5-25x56 for some reason. With it also being a newer optic maybe the quality of their newish 7k dollar 27x model which is just stupid imo.

And with the single turn turrets and 17mils that takes me to 1639 yards with my 6mm Creedmoor and probably a little further for the 6mm slr once I get it. I'd say for what we do it would be a great option IF it were priced a little lower (3200-3600 depending on reticle)

And with the single turn turrets and 17mils that takes me to 1639 yards with my 6mm Creedmoor and probably a little further for the 6mm slr once I get it. I'd say for what we do it would be a great option IF it were priced a little lower (3200-3600 depending on reticle)

That price range would make them an option for me also. I have the 3-20X 56mm already and the glass is great, but I don't see a striking difference between that and my 5-25X 56mm with DT turrets-both with great MSR reticle. Paid about $3500 for each!

No doubt. I would almost order two of them if they were at that price point. With them at 4600 I'd just assume buy the larger ones like I already own for less than 3k.

I need to consolidate some optics so everything is the same. I wonder if euro optics will give a discount if I buy two at the same time.

I liked it when I came across its size and dimension, but when I saw the price, I decided then if I wanted something for its size, I would just purchase a March.