• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S&B 5-25 - educate me on the options please

The-Fly

Minuteman
Nov 14, 2012
Colorado
I plan to get a S&B 5-25 with the P4 fine reticle. But all the various other options, can someone explain them to me?

Terms like MTC, CCW, etc ?

Re: S&B 5-25 - educate me on the options please

MTC=More Tactile Clicks. This means the turrets have a "hard" click every mil. Helpful if you need to adjust by feel. Annoying for most.

CCW=Counter Clock-Wise. To move your impact up, your reticle needs to come down. This is achieved via counter clockwise motion of the elevation turret.

CW=Clock-Wise. The reverse of CCW

LP=Illuminated reticle

DT=Double Turn Turrets. The elevation turrets are marked and function for 2 revolutions.

CM=Centimeter Adjustment. This is the exact same thing as MIL adjustment.

PMII=Police Marksman II model

I probably missed some and might be a little off on description but that's close.

awesome, thanks for the replies!

MRAD = ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The-Fly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">awesome, thanks for the replies!

MRAD = ?

</div></div>
Milliradian

its making a LOT more sense now.

I assume a DT scope gives you double the elevation adjustment?

Also, whats the advantage to a LT ?

Locking Turrets allow you to do just that. Lock the turrets so they don't move (by accident).

DT does not give you double the elevation adjustment... what it does it space out the clicks farther...

For example if you have a scope with 18 mils of adjustments, a single turn turret would do all 18 mils on that single turn. On a double turn turret, you would get 9 mils per turn.

thanks for the answer HK! Would you recommend a DT or a non DT ?

I'm looking to mount this on a DTA SRS, that I plan to shoot out to 1000 yards and possibly farther.

Minor point of clarification:

LP indicates illumination (L) and parallax adjustment (P)... However that doesn't make any practical difference for the 5-25 PMII model specifically.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The-Fly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks for the answer HK! Would you recommend a DT or a non DT ?

I'm looking to mount this on a DTA SRS, that I plan to shoot out to 1000 yards and possibly farther. </div></div>

Double turn (DT) is better, especially when you'll be frequently reaching deep into the adjustment range.

You don't have to worry about it anyway, S&B 5-25x56 is not offered with a single (ST) elevation turret. Only DT. However, if you're only planning on shooting to 1k yds, you will not get into the second revolution anyway. Depending on cartridge, load, and density altitude you will only be in the 6.5-9 Mil adjustment range at 1000 yds.

Pick up a S&B 5-25x, really any reticle you like the looks of, and send lots of rounds down range. You can't buy a better optic IMO.

well thanks to you guys, I pretty know the exact model I'm going to get now.