• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes S&B 5-25 on a flat base

ctam

Private
Minuteman
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
I'm leaning towards a S&B 5-25x56 for my Blaser, which have their own bases. They stock a 34mm base but I am not sure if it is canted or not - I am assuming the worst, that they are not canted.

So in a 308, running SMK 175 at approx 2600, I need 13 mil to reach 1000 meters. Is there going to be a problem with the S&B and a flat base? Eventually I will be switching to the more efficient 6.5mm's so if I am ok with the 308 I assume I will be ok later.

Thanks in advance.

Re: S&B 5-25 on a flat base

shouldnt have a problem, but the 5-25 was made to be used with a 40 MOA base

Thanks. On a related thought - which available tactical scope has the most elevation?

ctam,

I know the Nightforce NXS 3.5-15 x 50 F1 has 110 moa of elevation. USO also has some excellent scope in terms of adjustment, but their website is a bit funky and does not give info on all their scopes. Call them and I'm sure they have something in the 100 moa + range.

PH 3-15x50 model has around 117 moa. All of those should do you well, and get a 308 to 1000 with a zero moa base.

Bob

As the Blaser mount is two rings that is screwed on to a base, its the most simple work in the world to convert it to a tilted base. Any gunsmith can do that easaly, just make SURE that they lap the rings for you after the operation.

Håkan