• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S&B 5-25 x 56

padronanniversary

Sergeant
Minuteman
Wanted to give you guys a perspective on how big this 5-25 S&B is.

The knobs are huge, I can't imagine the Premier. I do believe the clicks themselves feel different from the USO knobs. I felt those feel nicer, cleaner in a sense as I am not used to these yet. I tend to over shoot some click sometimes due to the resistance of the knobs.

Here is a perspective of the S&B next to a palm treo phone.

I'll get more pictures up this weekend and through the recticle as well with the P4F at different focal lengths.

Thanks Alex at Eurooptics. FAST shipping, and great customer service

IMG_0001.jpg

Re: S&B 5-25 x 56

Wow, looks like something Babe Ruth would smack a home run with!!

The sunshade makes it feel a lot bigger. I've got the same scope mounted on a rifle w/ a 20" barrel and it makes the thing look even bigger and the fact that I have the sunshade too makes it look much worse than it really is.

hell yes,I love it! Ive got a surgeon remedy and it makes a 5.5 nf look tiny, so maybe when my 5x25 comes in next week it will fit perfectly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PadronAniversary</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Thanks Alex at Eurooptics. FAST shipping, and great customer service</div></div>

I've dealt with him a few times now for a Sako and some accessories. Definately on top of things there. Really fast and nice stuff at a nice price.

Nik

I am going to be mounting my 5-25 PMII on a Desert Tactical 308 this evening. Being a bullpup, I bet the PMII will look huge. Although it doesnt look too bad on DT's site with the PMII mounted. Will look a bit better when I get the 338 conversion, hopefully next week.

No matter what it looks like, it is worth it to me, given the performance of the scope.

[sarcasm]
I do all my builds based on how the gear looks![/sarcasm]

The S&B 5-25 is a hefty tool, as any durable tool should be. I'd like to get my eyes behind a USO 5-25, but will wait patiently for my PR 5-25.
Once I decided 5-25 is the range I want to be in, I've come to grips that I'm gonna have a big scope (hell for more money than a lot of cars I've owned the damned things better be substantial!)

when I get a chance I will try to post some pics of the S&B and Premier 5-25x models side by side but they look very similar except for the turrents and x1 less knob on the PR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PadronAniversary</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Thanks Alex at Eurooptics. FAST shipping, and great customer service

</div></div>

I can second that for Eurooptics... I purchased A S&B PM II from these guys... They had the best price and customer service was top notch.

still on the road right now, will be back to the shop later this coming week and will try to get the pics and some info out. so far the PR 5-25x has been outstanding and looking forward to some cooler weather to run some more distance and shooting after I return from the road trip.

For those who have not looked at an S&B 5-25 next to a Premier 5-25's the Gen II XR reticles are "different". The same Gen II XR in the Premier is slightly thicker than than it appears in the S&B.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smokin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For those who have not looked at an S&B 5-25 next to a Premier 5-25's the Gen II XR reticles are "different". The same Gen II XR in the Premier is slightly thicker than than it appears in the S&B. </div></div>
Yep, I noticed this as well. And, I thought that I had a resonable explanation for this. I referenced what is apparently an old/non-current PDF of the Premier 5-25X (at 15X), and a (current) Heritage 3-15X (at 15X) and I compared of the subtensions and measurements of these against Premier PDFs' of the 4-16X and 5-25X PMII Gen 2 XR (at 15X). It should be noted that these PDFs' were all obtained off of the net'. The subtensions and measurements were identical between the two Heritage Gen 2 XR scopes, with the line widths being thicker than on the PMIIs'.

According to the "old" Premier 15X schematics for the <span style="font-style: italic">Heritage 3-15X and 5-25X Gen 2 XR</span>, the subtensions and measurements are identical between the Heritage 3-15X and 5-25X Gen 2 XR - both magnifications having line thicknesses of .04 MIL/.144"/3.65760mm (measurements "E", "K", and "N").

According to old Premier 15X <span style="font-style: italic">PMII UNLIT 5-25X and PMII LIT 4-16X /5-25X Gen 2 XR</span> schematics, the PMIIs' are at .025 MIL/.09"/2.28600mm (measurements "E", "K", and "N"). So the PMII Gen 2 XRs' (which also share identical measurements between the 4-16X and 5-25X) line thicknesses are much thinner than on the Heritage (1.3716mm less at 15X). This might not sound like a lot, but when you are aiming at very small targets (4-5") at 900+ yards it can make a difference in your ability to determine the target center and aim accordingly because the target is almost completely obscured at 17X.

As far as I can tell from the schematics, <span style="font-style: italic">on paper</span>, all other respective measurements and subtensions are the same across the board between the Heritage and PMII 5-25X Gen 2 XR reticles. If this is true, I don't understand how the dot size for the (full MIL) "Dot" can be the same between the Heritage and PMII Gen 2 XRs' when the vertical and horizontal line thicknesses on the Heritage are approximately 1.2716mm thicker than on the PMII Gen 2 XRs', except to allow for differences in magnification. However, the actual reticle and image size appear to be the same size (they're both FFP scopes anyway) between both 5-25Xs' when adjusted to the "same" magnification. (Its' a given that the indicated magnification settings on the scope oculars may or may not be accurate). But wouldn't larger dot size and line widths change the measurements?

One discrepancy I found on the LIT PMII 4-16X / 5-25X Gen 2 XR, as well as the UNLIT PMII 5-25X PMII schematics is that <span style="font-weight: bold">Measurement "J" is listed as "18" (in/100 Yards) on both schematics.</span> <span style="font-style: italic">This measurement should be listed as "9" (9.0" = 2.5 MIL at 100 Yards).</span>

I PM'ed Jerry R (from Premier) here on the Hide' to ask if the line thickness and the dot size on the Heritage Gen 2 XRs' was increased in response to some people's complaints that the Gen 2 XR reticle "dissapears" at low power, and if the "dot" size was increased in order to keep the dot from getting lost? (I've seen complaints on the Hide' that the [full MIL] "dot" is smaller than the [half MIL] hash mark on the PMII (people either say that they confuse the .5 MIL with the 1.0 MIL, or that the "dot" is hard to see). If so, this change isn't be reflected on the reticle schematic.

I sent Jerry the PDFs' in question in my PM. Jerry emailed me, informing me that I had an older version of the Heritage 5-25X Gen 2 XR schematic and sent me the (current) Heritage 5-25X Gen 2 XR schematic PDF. The revised/current Heritage 5-25X Gen 2 XR PDF Jerry sent me has identical specs to the PMII 4-16X and 5-25X Gen 2 XR.

Jerry thanked me for bringing his attention to the typo on the LIT PMII 4-16X / 5-25X Gen 2 XR and UNLIT PMII 5-25X PMII schematics but offered no explanation to me regarding the visual differences I mentioned between the Heritage 5-25X Gen 2 XR and the PMII 5-25X Gen 2 XR.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Current Premier Heritage 3-15X Gen 2 XR PDF at 15X:</span>
Premier3-15XGen2XR-2009.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">OLD/non-current Premier Heritage 5-25X Gen 2 XR PDF at 15X:</span>
Premier5-25XGen2XR-2009.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Current/Revised Premier Heritage 5-25X Gen 2 XR PDF at 15X:</span>
FOR SOME REASON WHEN I TRY TO UPLOAD THE PDF PHOTOBUCKET CAN'T "SEE" THE FILE ON MY PC. Here is a link to the <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Premier Heritage 5-25X Gen 2 XR Reticle</span></span> on Premier's web site.

Notice that on the PMII schematics, <span style="font-weight: bold">Measurement "J" is listed as "18" (in/100 Yards) on both schematics.</span> <span style="font-style: italic">This measurement should be listed as "9" (9.0"/2.5 MIL at 100 Yards).</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">UNLIT S & B 5-25X PMII Gen 2 XR schematic:</span>
5-25Gen2XRslick-1UNLIT.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">LIT S & B 4-16X / 5-25X PMII Gen 2 XR schematic:</span>
5-25Gen2XRslick2.jpg

When I get a chance I'll try to get some decent photos of the reticles at various powers and post them on the Hide'. Of course, people will have to realize and take into account that the marked magnifications on the ocular housings may or may not be actual magnifications, and that scopes will vary slightly.

Keith