• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S&B 5-25X56 H2CMR for nrl22 KYL targets?

That scope would absolutely suck for NRL22, it's poorly made, doesn't focus close enough being 10M parallax free, the knobs hugely suck, gosh I must be missing some stuff, what else- oh yeah the glass is the worst out there, and is a horrible color as well, there's not enough travel, it won't track correctly, so fragile, miserable reticle, nobody uses .2's, and nobody has ever turned a turret by accident so the locking turrets are useless.

JK, disregard every thing I mentioned and turn them around the opposite way.

Reactions: bjay
I have the H2CMR in my S&B 3-20. It is my favorite reticle I have. I use it for PRS on a gasser, and couldn’t be more pleased. I like it better than my Gen II XR in my 5-25 PMII.
As far as on a .22, I can’t say, as I haven’t shot that......yet. But it has amazing parallax, the .2 mil lines on the horizontal are great. The mil dots are open, so they don’t cover your target when you hold over. I love the reticle, if you can’t tell.

As Steve so jocularly put it, that scope is all that and a bag of chips. As the specifications say, it can focus parallax free down to 10m or less (that's 10.9 yards or 32' 9-5/8").

You can save yourself about $1200 or more and get a Vortex Razor II 3-18x or 4.5-27x with the 2C reticle with a small open center. Easy to see the .25" targets. Shot one of the KYL targets at a .22 match with it and it worked great. Works for NRL matches too as Tony and myself use it for that. Great glass and more internal elevation for longer shots to 300 yards plus. Only thing the S&B has on it is the 10 meter parallax but down to 25 yards is fine with the two scopes mentioned. You can go closer if off of max power.

You can save yourself about $1200 or more and get a Vortex Razor II 3-18x or 4.5-27x with the 2C reticle with a small open center. Easy to see the .25" targets. Shot one of the KYL targets at a .22 match with it and it worked great. Works for NRL matches too as Tony and myself use it for that. Great glass and more internal elevation for longer shots to 300 yards plus. Only thing the S&B has on it is the 10 meter parallax but down to 25 yards is fine with the two scopes mentioned. You can go closer if off of max power.
rob do you know how close the AMG will focus?

AMG goes down to 25 yards as well. I have one sitting on my Vudoo V22.

No complaints at all. It's a nice set up. I have my Vudoo in a Manners with a mini chassis and love that set up.

Here you go. :)
Wl023xw.jpg

mcvyIlm.jpg

Reactions: manki77
You can save yourself about $1200 or more and get a Vortex Razor II 3-18x or 4.5-27x with the 2C reticle with a small open center.

I’ve seen the Schmidt for $2600 new with the H2CMR reticle and MTC knobs recently from several vendors. Unless the Vortex Razor II is going for $1400 and someone forgot to tell me...

I’ve seen the Schmidt for $2600 new with the H2CMR reticle and MTC knobs recently from several vendors. Unless the Vortex Razor II is going for $1400 and someone forgot to tell me...

There have been some S&Bs they dropped the price on to get some sales back after pricing themselves out of the market but I was going by the link the OP posted above. Maybe you should have taken a look at it before posting.

18". A good length for that set up.