• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S&B 5-25x56 PMII...huge.

mciver

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2009
Olympia, WA
Just had my PMII delivered today...took it out of the box...DAMN. Currently have a NF 3-15x56 and this thing dwarfs it. I'm trying not to talk myself into sending it back. Just might have to get something else.

Re: S&B 5-25x56 PMII...huge.

After you use it awhile no way will you want to send it back, I know I wouldn't send mine back

ElkHuntNewMexico2008063.jpg

I agree with John; hunt with it and you'll never be sorry. Or, use it in whatever tactical application you have in mind. Either way, you'll love it.

what kind of rifle is it for and what type of hunting are you going to do with it?

Its the 5-25x56 PMII/P4 with 1/4moa turrets. It has the ZF-NR reticle. Gun is a custom build from Long Shot Rifles...has a broughton barrel, Montana 1999 action, McMillan stock and is in 7mm STW. gun would be used for long range elk and deer hunting as well as some long range target work.

i would mount it up and try it. i think you will get hooked on it real quick. i have 2 schmidt 5x25s and wouldnt trade for anything!

put it next to the NF both on 15x and check out the difference in field of view. i just helped a deputy sheriff budy of mine set up a remington 5R with a NF 3X15X56. after mounting it up we stepped outside and compared it to one of my S&B 5X25s. there was no comparison. im not knocking NF scopes as they are a great optic but the S&B is just a notch up IMO.

good luck with your new project!!

Is the glass on a S&B made at same place as Zeiss Davarian ( I'm sure I misspelled that) How about IOR or Swarvoski?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STWguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its the 5-25x56 PMII/P4 with 1/4moa turrets. It has the ZF-NR reticle. Gun is a custom build from Long Shot Rifles...has a broughton barrel, Montana 1999 action, McMillan stock and is in 7mm STW. gun would be used for long range elk and deer hunting as well as some long range target work.</div></div>

will you be hunting elk in WA? have you hunted elk before? Out in MT/Wyo i have seen elk at 700+ yards, here in WA and OR i have not seen one past 300yards due to terrain, most are within 100 yards, i like a light and handy rifle with a small scope for our area.

Ill send you my 8-32x56 Nightforce for that oversized S&B and we can both be happy

Ya some hunting here in WA...but mosty in Wyoming where the family is located. done a great deal of hunting here in WA...all in Eastern Wa...so most shots are around 300 out there near Yakima. But also want to use it for some target work as well.

The 5x25 is a great scope..I use it for comps and have hunted with it from Texas to Canada. My preference for hunting however, it the S&B 4x16. It has a single turn mil. turret(the same cw direction) and the same reticle. It is smaller and lighter and the turrets are flatter.

I hhave one and love it, its a great optic. However on this build I'm getting together now, I'm going with a 3-12/15ish and keeping the monster for my future .338. I find it luxurious overkill for a 308.

I hear you on the size of this monster. My advise to you is use it a while and see what magnification range you use. I rarely ever go beyond 18x, so I will probably be trading up (or down) to a 4-16x.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911.it</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Hensoldt w/72mm objective is huge. The S&B 5-25x56mm is just right...
cool.gif
</div></div>

All things are relative
wink.gif
I guess it depends what your use to.