• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S&B 5-25x56 PMII P4 and Barrett BORS

one shot ST

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2007
Italy
Finally I got them, waiting for my Accuracy International in .338 I'm thinking to mount the items on my M700..

About S&B nothing more to say, very good optics, I'm already using a S&B short dot on my EBR

PMII002.jpg

PMII005.jpg

PMII007.jpg

PMII008.jpg

PMII010.jpg

About the BORS waiting to try it I've founded on the web different things... for somebody is OK for other not...

Actually the only thing I can say is about the Bors turret, only one scale from 0 to 13 MRAD... no possibility to have visual indication when you are in the second turn with the yellow windows in view... may be ( I hope ) in the future the guys from Barrett are thinking about an up grade.. Just in case if you have to revert in manual back up mode you can have all the capability that S&B turret offer..

BORS001.jpg

BORS003.jpg

BORS005.jpg

BORS006.jpg

BORS007.jpg

url]

Re: S&B 5-25x56 PMII P4 and Barrett BORS

So is that actually a laser range finder? Or do you still have to know the distance and it just gives you your dope? Does it actually turn the knob?

From reading the Barrett website it looks like its just knows what distance you've actually dialed and gives you cant, etc. Great concept, Im not sure I see the $1600 in value and justification for weight. Would that actually make you faster for engaging multiple targets at different ranges (assuming you were actually dialing and not holding)?

waiting to try it to give you my feed back..

The BORS has in the data base 100 cartridges from .50 to .308

you can also load your reload using a software and a USB cable

after zeroing like a normal scope the only thinghs you have to do is point the rifle to the target..

rotate the turret until you can read on the display the distance founded with a laser range finder

calculate the wind and pull the trigger..

The BORS calculate cant angle, slope ( cousine angle) temperature and station pressure..

you can also use a back up mode to calculate the distance, plus or minus the same manner for MIL DOT calculation but is not very accurate..

I think the BORS is valid if you don't want to waste time...

about the weight every person has a different sensibility about it..

about holding or dialing same things... every time you have to read your ballistic table and often interpolate between numbers..

with the BORS if you find 437 meters... put on it 437 meters.. I think most accurate than holding or dialing using a table or PDA with ballistic software..

only one things instead of many...

Sounds like a nice piece of equipment..Keep us posted

For any of you considering/looking at a BORS, there is an additional BORS thread here in which the Barrett optics manager gave some good information:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1182398#Post1182398

Smokin, please check that thread because I think it can clear up some of the questions and misconceptions you had in your post. For any of you in the SA, TX area who are serious and want to try one out, contact me and I'll let you try mine.

-A

Davide ,

you wrote to me its price was €uro 1.600,00 , now here I'm reading USD 1.600,00 , there is a huge difference between those two currencies , which one is the right price ?

See you soon my fellow shooter,
PP out

Yep, sorry for the wrong link....must've "gone full retard." Thanks to Dogtown for the correct one!

Funny, this thread has me suddenly interested in a BORS, especially now that they support different scopes besides Leupold and allow for inputting your own load data. Hmmm...

this is the email I've received with the price..

Davide,

I have one of these BORS available today. The price is $2125 plus approximately $100 for international shipping and handling.

Please contact me if you would like to place an order for this.

Thank you,

Yup, looks like the BORS for S&B is about 25% more.

I hope..... this one will be better than the others.....
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: a-train</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For any of you considering/looking at a BORS, there is an additional BORS thread here in which the Barrett optics manager gave some good information:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1182398#Post1182398

Smokin, please check that thread because I think it can clear up some of the questions and misconceptions you had in your post. For any of you in the SA, TX area who are serious and want to try one out, contact me and I'll let you try mine.

-A </div></div>

Might have to take you up on that offer.

Jong,

No sweat. I wouldn't offer if I didn't mean it. It is definitely a piece of equipment that "some turns are worth a thousand words" with it.

-Aaron