• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S&B click increments?

fw707

Minuteman
Nov 12, 2010
KY
I've been looking at S&B scopes lately, and I noticed the adjustment increments are shown per 100 meters, instead of the 100 yards I've always been used to dealing with.
Does that mean I'll need to set the rangefinder to meters, change the setting in the ballistics program, and convert all of the known yardages at the ranges I shoot over to meters, or is it as simple as just changing the "scope click units" in the program to "cm @ 100 meters" and staying with yards on everything else?

Thanks!

Re: S&B click increments?

fw707,

No....I use yards as well. You play around with it for a time and you'll get used to it pretty fast. Consider it more as a guide and you'll find out quick where your yardages work best.

Buy an S&B! Awesome scopes!

-Mike

This goes into the whole "mRad is metric" debate. It's mils, just use it as such. 1 mil at 100yds = 3.6", or .1 mil is .36 inches. Yards, meters, whatever... A mil is a mil.

Your ballistic app just needs to be change to match the increments you are using on your scope. I do this all the time. I shoot MOA on some rifles but MIL on others all on the same range day. It's really easy. You would be using your rangefinder in yards....no need for meters.

Thanks guys!
I was pretty sure I was over thinking it.