• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S&B Dual focal Plane Scope No Production Notification

strikeeagle1

Private
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Since Aug 2017 been waiting on backorder for the S&B 1-8 x 24 Short Dot Dual Close Combat Reticle. Informed by Eurooptic today that it will not be available !

As seen at 2018 Shot Show.

eeeh. Not so fast. It is a different reticle than originally planned, and has not been released yet. The orginial reticle was scrapped, as was the mildot. We have been getting the Mildot, but have the last one on earth arriving next week. The planned military reticle is being redesigned, and it will be a while (my guess is months - plural, plural).

But, either way, @strikeeagle1 , you will be waiting. We usually do not take orders until we have a SKU and know what we are selling and when we are getting it. It has not hit the European markets yet.

Guys, Germany told me that they are not making them in the p3 reticle, that is what the OP is saying...only in the MDR and MDR-T6. I am the one that discovered this news just this week while trying to get updated delivery info. Even though the German website ONLY shows the p3(as of this morning), Germany confirmed they are NOT delivering these in p3 mildot, and instead ONLY the MDR and T6 variant (which have indeed been delivered in small numbers)

@Longshot, we have had part numbers and orders on the books for years for p3 reticle scopes(though they never indicated till this week that we were never getting them). Unfortunately even having part numbers provided by Germany doesn't even guarantee you that they will be made. Also, you are saying you have a Dual CC 683 series p3 mildot scope? Please post pics

Thanks for all the responses so far. I'll try to find out tomorrow if ANY reticle is readily available for delivery.

Just got off the phone with S&B and was informed to post:

The 1-8x24 Dual plane scope IS available for order with delivery at time of order for FEB.

Please feel free to give us a call, 516-217-1000, to place an order:

683-811-43E-K1-H1 1-8x24 PM II ShortDot Dual CC MDR-T6 1cm cw ST LT MTC / ST LT ZC

683-811-43E-K2-H2 1-8x24 PM II ShortDot Dual CC MDR-T6 1cm ccw ST LT MTC / ST LT ZC

683-845-43E-K1-H1 1-8x24 PM II ShortDot Dual CC MDR-T6 1cm cw ST LT MTC/ ST LT ZC RAL8000

683-845-43E-K2-H2 1-8x24 PM II ShortDot Dual CC MDR-T6 1cm ccw ST LT MTC / ST LT ZC RAL8000

683-846-43E-K1-H11-8x24 PM II ShortDot Dual CC MDR-T6 1cm cw ST LT MTC / ST LT ZC Pantone 7504M

683-846-43E-K2-H2 1-8x24 PM II ShortDot Dual CC MDR-T6 1cm ccw ST LT MTC / ST LT ZC Pantone 7504M

There was no doubt about the scope being available (as we have already had several thru), just that it will not be available in a P3 as I already mentioned above. MDR and MDR-T6 are the only reticles offered in the 683 (dual CC series)

The only other option in the 1-8 is the SFP versions (682 series)

SFP 1-8 CQB Reticles

ALL of the available skus are below - there are 12 versions now per the most recent info from Germany - they are all shown below

DUAL CC 683 series

**ALSO, reticle PDFs are on each scope page for reference

Hopefully this clarifies, thanks!

Jason assisted me in re-ordering the Dual CC 683 series scope with the MDR-T6 reticle. Thanks!

Also, here is related correspondence from the S&B homeland.

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 12.19.40 PM.png

Man , I thought NF Atacr 1-8 is the top dog, but this scope may dethrone it. These German engineering are crazy

I had a long talk with Thomas Pelke durign SHOT and looked at the new dual focal plane 1-8x24 with MDR-T6 reticle.

This looks like a VERY well sorted out scope and MDR-T6 reticle is probably the best reticle design I have seen for a 1-8x scope yet.

I have sorta been ignoring S&B for a couple of years waiting for something new and exciting and I got my wish: 1-8x24 with PMD-T6 and 5-25x56 with GR2ID just about knocked my socks off and I am pretty difficult to impress.

ILya

I had a long talk with Thomas Pelke durign SHOT and looked at the new dual focal plane 1-8x24 with MDR-T6 reticle.

This looks like a VERY well sorted out scope and MDR-T6 reticle is probably the best reticle design I have seen for a 1-8x scope yet.

I have sorta been ignoring S&B for a couple of years waiting for something new and exciting and I got my wish: 1-8x24 with PMD-T6 and 5-25x56 with GR2ID just about knocked my socks off and I am pretty difficult to impress.

ILya

The GR2ID reticle photos I've seen have been vastly superior to the computer generated images (which make it look too dense or crowded due to heavier dot thickness, I think). From what I gather, you're not generally a fan of overly complex grid or holdover reticles, but it sounds like the GR2ID impressed you. Anything in particular that they did differently with it that impressed you so much?

The GR2ID reticle photos I've seen have been vastly superior to the computer generated images (which make it look too dense or crowded due to heavier dot thickness, I think). From what I gather, you're not generally a fan of overly complex grid or holdover reticles, but it sounds like the GR2ID impressed you. Anything in particular that they did differently with it that impressed you so much?

I dislike Horus reticles rather intensely, but GR2ID seemed to obstruct the image a lot less. The grid lines are quite thin, so they do not get in the way too much. Also, the primary aiming point is well defined, which I like.

I do not know if it is my favourite tree reticle out there, but it is definitely a viable option. I am sufficiently interested to want to test it in a scope.

ILya

Reactions: Basher
Thanks for the feedback. Those were my impressions as well. In actual application, the reticle looks way more useful than it did upon initial reveal via images on social media. I'm impressed, and for S&B it may be their most useful reticle yet, but we'll see!

I checked out the 1-8. What an awesome design and innovative product. I’d never spend that kind of money on a 8x optic but for the guys that want the best I’d imagine this is gonna be hard to beat. It’s basically an aimpoint and a variable power scope in one. Really cool concept

@generalzip and @koshkin

Did you happen to look at the PMD-T6 on 1x without the dot on? In other words is there enough reticle (it appears there would be a "T" style image) so that 1x is not fully dependent upon the flash dot?

Super excited about that scope; glad they ditched the turrets that were on the SFP and High Power models that had like a suction action; I dig these locking MTC's like mini UltraShort turrets. And by FAR the best looking reticle for the top end magnification. I still wish they would jump up to that next step middle ground and do a 2-12x/3-15x for the next gen DMR guns that isn't the bulk of an Ultra Short.

@generalzip and @koshkin

Did you happen to look at the PMD-T6 on 1x without the dot on? In other words is there enough reticle (it appears there would be a "T" style image) so that 1x is not fully dependent upon the flash dot?

Super excited about that scope; glad they ditched the turrets that were on the SFP and High Power models that had like a suction action; I dig these locking MTC's like mini UltraShort turrets. And by FAR the best looking reticle for the top end magnification. I still wish they would jump up to that next step middle ground and do a 2-12x/3-15x for the next gen DMR guns that isn't the bulk of an Ultra Short.

The reticle is still there and usable at 1x for 1x ranges (essentially as a duplex) and would be useful in day light but i wouldn’t trust it in a darker cqb environment. The dot itself gets very bright. Daylight bright for sure. I should have asked about battery life but it slipped my mind. I was really there to see the higher power models and the Schmidt rep was pretty excited to show me the 1-8 and I have to say it is one badass little package and would be the ultimate combat scope. I bet they sell a bunch to US spec ops. I know they have already sold a bunch to the German military.

I got to fondle one at the show here last weekend and it is an amazing scope.
I'd have one on order already if it wasn't for the $4k and up price on them.

Got mine awhile ago from Doug at Cameraland which is no longer is an S&B Dealer.
Awaiting a Geissele mount at this moment from USPS.
What continues to confuse me is the RAL 8000 and Pantone color designations.
Both Pantone and RAL are just a way of naming a color by a reference number.
So why does S&B offer the option?
-Richard

They are different colors that S&B names after the the reference system they come from. FDE was developed in the US so referenced Pantone and Ral8000 is a color used by the Germans for decades. Think of Pantone as FDE and Ral8000 as Ral8000.

Thank you. that makes sense.
One seller listed the Pantone as Pantone 7504m.
I ordered the Pantone as it was slightly more preferable to my eyes.

Thank you. that makes sense.
One seller listed the Pantone as Pantone 7504m.
I ordered the Pantone as it was slightly more preferable to my eyes.

The 4-digit is a code number. RAL is the color matching standard in europe with number system. RAL 8000's name is "Grunbraun" just as 7504 is "Pantone".
RAL8000 - "babypoop" is the yellow/brown mustard tone used as desert tank camo. It does not work with hardly anything other than standing out and screaming GERMAN (HK or Schmidt & Bender)

Pantone is more tan/brown with a dull peptobismol chalkyness like AI Pale Brown. Reminds me of a bathroom scheme we had growing up. Far more useful but not very pretty. Similar to coyote/FDE but lacks some of pop the green brings to most FDE's.

Just know that for resale; they (Pantone and 8000) cost more but will bring less.

I prefer the Pantone. Notice how the FDE scope level color contrasts with RAL8000 tone; should have used a black level on the 5-25.
Last two photos is the Pantone S&B 1-8 Dual CC MDR-T6 coupled with GDI L-PROM mount on 11.3" Wilson Combat 6.8 SPC II.

Schmidt & Bender RAL8000 v. Pantone copy.png
IMG_0294 copy 2.JPG
IMG_2325 copy.JPG
IMG_2001 copy.JPG

Last edited: