• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S&B for left hand rifles

M24_SWS

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2010
Somersworth, NH
Well I got the S&B 4-16X42 mounted to the rifle. I used Seekins 34mm LOW rings as well as a Seekins 20 MOA base. Based on doing my research, I know the S&B scopes are not too friendly for left handed shooters because the illumination control gets in the way of the bolt knob. Well, I moved the scope forward just enough to clear the bolt knob which by the way has a KRG knob on it making the knob bigger then the factory. I still have perfect sight picture and eye relief.

So anyone looking to buy a S&B scope with illumination and is a lefty, fear not, you can mount the scope in such a way so as to get perfect sight picture and bolt manipulation.

I have on order a McMillan HTG stock so the factory stock will suffice for the time being :)
The rifle also is wearing a Timney trigger which is a nice upgrade from the factory trigger.

I've had to do the same with my S&B. If the scope rail doesn't extend over the recoil lug like yours a guy can get into some trouble. Sure wish Badger made a lefty action so I wouldn't have to worry about it! Good looking rig, btw.

LEFTIES OF THE WORLD UNITE!!!

and if you are lefty that shoots a righty rifle, i really don't care how you got by with your righty rifle.........

I'm running a PMII 5-25 with a left handed Templar VII action and it clears just enough to work.