• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing S&B hunting Scope

HOGGHEAD

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2009
Rivesville, WV
Any one out there hunting with a S&B 8X56 scope?? Your thoughts. I am specifically interested in the low light hunting properties of this scope. It is suppose to be the best there is for low light hunting. Is it?? Tom.

Re: S&B hunting Scope

I haven't looked through one, but I couldn't imagine anything that could beat it for low light unless if you went down to 4 or 6x possibly.

I have had a few of them, three actually,

some of the best lowlight scopes there are along with Swarovski they are the best in there class.

Today and due to some restrictions in number of rifles to mount them on, I have a 5-25 SOB, a 2,5-10x42 Ziess Diavaria,
great optics however none of them are optimized for

low to no light shooting even thought they are ilum reticles,

the 8x56 is the great night scope in Europe for hunting.

Best regards Chris

I have the 2.5x10x56 Zenith S&B with lit reticle on a encore muzzleloader I have and it performs great at low light or moon light after dark. Waiting on the new 3x20x50 PM11 to come out in aug. sept. it will be going on my new 7mmwsm.