• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S&B info on PMII features

Spdy

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2013
SNE
S&B cognoscenti I need your help. I am new to S&B and looking at used (can't afford new right now) S&B 5-25 PMII scopes to top a .308 AI AT. I understand the reticle differences (whole other discussion there). I have searched and found the semi-secret S&B acronym list but am having a difficult time deciphering what options a particular scope has. Will the PMII line be FFP unless specifically marked SFP? In some cases the scopes are advertised as double turn but the DT acronym is not on the box. Also no mention of zero stop and locking turrets on the box. So, are the double turn (DT) turrets always standard on the PMII scopes? Will the PMII scopes always have zero stop and locking features or are these added as options? Any other features to look for or avoid? Also, does anyone know when S&B went to the longer warranty period?

S&B cognoscenti I need your help. I am new to S&B and looking at used (can't afford new right now) S&B 5-25 PMII scopes to top a .308 AI AT. I understand the reticle differences (whole other discussion there). I have searched and found the semi-secret S&B acronym list but am having a difficult time deciphering what options a particular scope has. Will the PMII line be FFP unless specifically marked SFP? In some cases the scopes are advertised as double turn but the DT acronym is not on the box. Also no mention of zero stop and locking turrets on the box. So, are the double turn (DT) turrets always standard on the PMII scopes? Will the PMII scopes always have zero stop and locking features or are these added as options? Any other features to look for or avoid? Also, does anyone know when S&B went to the longer warranty period?

PMII's can come in either flavor, FFP or SFP. I believe "-2" is SFP.

It will say DT versus ST to denote the two different options. ZS is a zero-stop on the pre MTC turrets. As far as I know, all MT turrets have a zero-stop built into the design. Locking (LT) is an option - not standard.

S&B codes everything in the model number. If it isn't listed, it probably doesn't exist. On the current generation you won't see "ZS" listed though. It isn't that easy though as there are different options still that could mean different things - mainly the in turret arena. Ideally, you'd have a model number and a picture. How to confirm 100 percent? Be able to lay your hands on it to experiment.

Warranty period changed a few times back and forth. I think it was 30 years, then 10 years, then back to 30 years.

Last edited:
You might be a lot closer to affording one than you think, you can get them in the sub $2500 range depending on what you pick for features.

If you want the best value for the money, probably look for the standard DT (Dual Turn), with the original turrents that don't have the lock or the MTC as you don't really need them, get mil/mil, possibly CW (Clockwise) unless you have to have CCW (Counter Clockwise), and the good trusty P4F reticle (unless you have a need for a Christmas tree one), or you might even get a great deal on a mildot one if you can use that.

Thanks guys. Palmetto I should have more explicit about the link. I got there fine but the PDF is so large that there is no way for me to download it. I live a bit out of the way and internet service is on land lines with lousy service.

Thanks guys, working through this great info. What about 677 911 842 90 68. I think this should be double turn elevation (with zero stop), single turn windage, illuminated with MSR reticle, CCW rotation (?). W54 are you seeing sub 2500 for a new scope? I don't want a tree reticle, leaning toward MSR or MSR2 although I could be moved to a P4 for that price.

5-25x56 L/P DT H2CMR FFP 34mm .1mrad CCW is #677-911-922-90-68

Scope Weight: 38.57 oz

Scope Length: 416.56mm/16.4"

Magnification Range: 5-25xScope

Objective Diameter: 56mm

Scope Tube Size / Mount: 34mmTurret

Adjustment (Click Value): .1mRad CCW adjustment 26 mRad elevation travel +-6 mRad windage

Elevation Turret Details: DT (Double Turn) 0-26 mrad

Windage Turret Details:ST (Single Turn) ±6 mrad

Parallax Adjustment: Side Focus Parallax 10m->∞

Reticle Position: First Focal Plane

Reticle Details: H2CMR Reticle

Field of View: 5.3 - 1.5M @ 100M

Eye Relief: 90mm/3.54"

Twilight Factor: 14.1 - 37.4

Light Transmission 90%

Illuminated Reticle: Yes

Scope Finish: Matte Black

Scope Turret Rotation: Counter Clockwise (CCW)