• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S&B Locking turrets

redroan45

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2010
Ashton, Idaho
I have been holding out for the 3-20x but I am not sold on the locking turrets (and neither are most hide members based on all the threads I have read). The 3-20x is exactly the mag range I would like, and I like that it is shorter and lighter than the 4-16x. This would be my first S&B, so are the locking turrets bad enough to look at something else? Guys who have them on their 5-25s please chime in.

Re: S&B Locking turrets

The turrets feel great just like every other S&B, but I don't find the locking turrets to be useful in my opinion. The clicks are very sturdy especially since they are also MTC, so I don't see them adjusting on there on. Even if they do, it's not like you won't notice the turret not being on zero. It shouldn't be something that will make you not buy the 3-20 even if you never use them.

I agree, but it may have been a requirement for the PSR scope design. It's hard to imagine the turret changing accidently, except in error by hand. Even without the locking mechanism, I find the MTC turret to be a little clumsy operationally with the milestone click. My fave S&B turret is still the original double turn mil. If the 3-20x is available with that turret, it's what I would opt for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: One-Eyed Jack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree, but it may have been a requirement for the PSR scope design. It's hard to imagine the turret changing accidently, except in error by hand. Even without the locking mechanism, I find the MTC turret to be a little clumsy operationally with the milestone click. My fave S&B turret is still the original double turn mil. If the 3-20x is available with that turret, it's what I would opt for. </div></div>

I agree. If the 3-20x was available in the original doubleturn my deposit would have already left my bank. I really have no need for the locking turrets, and the MTC is "meh". They may eventually offer the double turn with the 3-20x like they do on the 5-25x, but I am not going to hold my breath.

I have a 5-25 with locking turrets and I like them. If I wanted the 3-20 and didn't like the locking turrets it wouldn't be a deal breaker. If you don't like em don't use em.

With the design of the locking turret, I don't think there is an easier scope to zero.