• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S&B owners...quick tutorial please

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    Im going to use an S&B PMII 5x25 with MTC and locking turrets that has been in storage on a new rifle.

Been a long time since I messed with it.

Looking at directions I didnt see anything specific to unlocking the zero stop.

I know the two allens on the adjustment caps need to be loosened to return set zero but if at present I am shooting to zero and need to go below my zero stop is that a function of loosening the screws moving the cap "up" in adjustment, retightening, than dialing back down to get on target.

Once on target, loosen the cap screws, move the cap to "zero", and retightening the cap will set the zero stop and give my two mils available under zero?

Quick refresher if you will in laymans terms.

Yes you are on the right track.

Make sure scope is bottomed out on 0. If you need to go down 2 mils, loosen the set screws and dial up to 2.5 to be safe and retighten the set screws. Now dial down 2 mils and confirm zero. You can adjust our the .5 from here if needed

Reactions: Stevo86
    I thought once you set on zero, bullets are impacting where the need to and you have relooked the set screws, .2 mils under zero was a given before you hit the stop.

Allowed to adjust for conditions.

Reactions: JakeM
    Im going to use an S&B PMII 5x25 with MTC and locking turrets that has been in storage on a new rifle.

Been a long time since I messed with it.

Looking at directions I didnt see anything specific to unlocking the zero stop.

I know the two allens on the adjustment caps need to be loosened to return set zero but if at present I am shooting to zero and need to go below my zero stop is that a function of loosening the screws moving the cap "up" in adjustment, retightening, than dialing back down to get on target.

Once on target, loosen the cap screws, move the cap to "zero", and retightening the cap will set the zero stop and give my two mils available under zero?

Quick refresher if you will in laymans terms.
    Yes
    Stand by

…..and I should have said .2 mils adjustment under zero not a full two mills.

I thought once you set on zero, bullets are impacting where the need to and you have relooked the set screws, .2 mils under zero was a given before you hit the stop.

Yours is MTC Locking, let me see it there is anything in the manual about .2, my DT turrets have .7 under 0 for corrections then a hard stop.

They do.... I gave you 2.5 so you have some room to tweak your hard zero... Once you have it dialed where you want you loosen the set screws and put it on zero and retighten.....

• Love
    Reactions: pmclaine
    Yours is MTC Locking, let me see it there is anything in the manual about .2, my DT turrets have .7 under 0 for corrections then a hard stop.
    You may be right.

I got .2 because that is what my Premier gives.

I know they are not the same animals but just about every zero stop allows for dialing something under to allow for the need.

Sounds like S&B didn’t over complicate things as some others do……

Weird they would do that being German and all….

08B7E860-05C7-4C50-9AF7-9C165B651E2B.jpeg

Some guys like to plan the William Tell shot inside 100 yards. So they want to be able to dial under zero for say a 40 yard shot.

If you're willing to hold your correction inside 100 then you can just set the zero stop to the 100 yard zero.

That's how I see it, but smarter shooters may chime in.