• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S&B P4 Fine reticle. Is it too thin???

Blasst

Sergeant
Minuteman
I am about to get a 5-25 S&B. I like uncluttered, simple reticles like the MSR , Vortex's, EBR 1c, and others. The P4F reticle seems great for long distance.....but illustrations can be misleading...
So I am wondering at shorter focal lengths at what point it becomes unusable. With S&B's MSR reticle I am wondering at if the scope is maxed out how thick the lines are and if it makes it hard to see a target. Anyone have any experience with S&B's P4F or MSR.
thanks..

dd13c4bf005891b7e277304f4c09e98b.jpg

MSR at 25 power at 1233 yards on a 1/3 ipsc.

No issues at all. I hunt with it and shoot all different type of matches with it.

yeah...looks great. That's a relief. Thanks

It's great. But for long range. When you hold wind and if you ever need to hold the missing mills in the reticle it's no good. I have a PM 3-12x50 and a vortex razor gen2 with the ebr2.

The ebr2 wins hands down on the reticle part. It's not to cloudy and have numbers all the way down on the reticle.

I do love the p4fine for everything that I have enough mills in the turrets for because it is so clean and the FOV on the 3-12 is absolutely superb. But it just does not work to hold wind and the hold height as that is somewhere out in free space.
Shot it a few times to 1600. Where the wind was gusting a lot. And i did not have enough elevation.

So could I have it all it would be a pm2 5-25 with the old style turrets and the EBR2 reticle :)

I suggest that you look at the smallest Horus for yours. Or something similar to the ebr2.
The MSR is also a better reticle in my book than the p4fine.

Oh and speaking of elevation.
Got the era tac adjustable mount tested in Italy on 2240m. It's such a fantastic piece of gear. Just loosen two main screws move the nut that has the inclinations. Tighten and wolla 70moa extra. Or 20.1millls. Gave me 4 mills to spare. And still 0 on 100meters. They are steel and very well made! They are rated to be torqued up to 10nm!! Crazy.

H2CMR - same thickness as P4F, but with 0.2 mil increments right to the center on windage.

another thing I have been confused about ,,,,,, if I look at the S&B's at Euro-optic the 5-25's that have MTC and LC all show 22 mil of elevation....while the ones without the MTC and LC say 26 mils.
Then if I look on The S&B site they state 26 mils for all of them. So I'm thinking Euro-optics made a mistake.

Thanks for the info guys. Just went to the S&B site. Can't stand most of their reticles. So it will be an MSR for me.
Cool info on the era tac adjustable mount Bronden.
Thanks guys