• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S&B PM II 5-25x56 Parallax issue

_Raining

Private
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Has anyone had or heard of issues with the Parallax getting messed up on S&B PM II's?

The target was at 300 yards and if I dialed to 300 on the parallax knob then the target was clear but I had to dial all the way to infinity to get the parallax correct. I know that the markings on those knobs are basically useless but still, 300 needing infinity is odd to me. I also had a Kahles k1050 out and I was able to get parallax correct at the 300 marking +- 50.

I've never had a problem, as mentioned the markings are not exact but in the same neighborhood. Just make sure your parallax is set at infinity when you make the diopter adjustment.

What kind of rings or mount are you using and what was your torque spec? Also, is the dial fluid feeling or catchy feeling?

I've never had a problem, as mentioned the markings are not exact but in the same neighborhood. Just make sure your parallax is set at infinity when you make the diopter adjustment.
I will be sure to check that the next time I go out to the range.

What kind of rings or mount are you using and what was your torque spec? Also, is the dial fluid feeling or catchy feeling?
The scope is in a LaRue QD 1 piece mount, I believe LaRue recommends 30 in-lbs but I can't be sure what I used. I have the fix it sticks so I would bet I used 25 in-lbs.

Edit: The dial feels fine, not catchy at all.