• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

S&B PM II value check?

TanktheFrank

UP AND COMING
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2017
New Braunfels, TX
I'm on the hunt for a scope to use with a new to me Pre-14 AX in 6.5 creed. It'll be used for hunting, target shooting and my intro into PRS.

On a local board I found a PMII 5-25x56 with P3 reticle. Asked the seller for a price on the scope by itself and he told me to shoot him an offer. Looks to be in very good condition.

My gut reaction is to tell him $2k and roll the dice, but I don't want to look like a turd by not knowing what it's actually worth. I've seen similar scopes with different reticles in the PX but I know that different reticles come with different price tags.

Thanks for the help!

For a nice condition 5-25 with the standard DT turrets about $2250ish shipped seems to be the going price right now for ones with popular reticles, a little less if it has a less popular reticle.

Versions with MTC/LT turrets go for more, new production versions with DTII+ turrets go for a lot more.

Reactions: TanktheFrank
I'm still trying to pick up info but here is a screen grab of the turret. Would that help narrow down that second portion you mentioned?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231128_125058_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231128_125058_Chrome.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 43
I sold a similar S&B scope about a year ago for a little over $2K so that sounds like quite a fair price.

Reactions: TanktheFrank
Those are the standard DT turrets, and if the scope is clean 2000-2200 is fair.

P3 reticle is a bit on the older / basic side and possibly a little less desirable when it comes to resale.

Those are the standard DT turrets, and if the scope is clean 2000-2200 is fair.

P3 reticle is a bit on the older / basic side and possibly a little less desirable when it comes to resale.

Great! I feel better about offering $2k with rings then. I've been planning on a NX8 4-32 but for similar money I'd rather have the S&B.

I'll do some reading and see if this'll be the one I end up with.

Thanks guys

Reactions: simonp
I'm on the hunt for a scope to use with a new to me Pre-14 AX in 6.5 creed. It'll be used for hunting, target shooting and my intro into PRS.

On a local board I found a PMII 5-25x56 with P3 reticle. Asked the seller for a price on the scope by itself and he told me to shoot him an offer. Looks to be in very good condition.

My gut reaction is to tell him $2k and roll the dice, but I don't want to look like a turd by not knowing what it's actually worth. I've seen similar scopes with different reticles in the PX but I know that different reticles come with different price tags.

Thanks for the help!
2k looks like a steal lol. You'll be making a good deal if he sell it to you at that price.

Good eye on it being CW turrets, and I agree that knocks a few bucks off as there will be fewer interested buyers.
It's on a board that's going to be VERY limited to prospective buyers already.

I'll give it a few days before I move on and get something else.