• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S&B PM2 DT turret issue

Brav04Logan

Sergeant of the Hide
Banned !
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2020
I am extremely new to S&B scopes, I cannot find in the manual anything about zero stops or resetting turrets. I have a 5-25 PM2 and I cannot turn past 12mils on the first revolution. It stops .6 mils below zero just like it should however, I can only dial up 12 mils. Am I missing something or do I need to send it in for maintenance?
Thanks.

Did you zero it yet on your rifle?

Needs to be reset. Dial up to the 12 mils or whatever max is that it will let go up too. Loosen the screws, put the turret on 24 or 27 or whatever the largest # on your turret is. Retighten the screws.

Turret zero stop should be reset and you should have full range to rezero.

No I just pulled it out of the box, so when I go up 12mrad, I turn it to 26 (no yellow second rev indicator shows up) and then I turn back to 0 however it still stops .6 below 0 instead of going back down 2 full revs

What's the largest # on your turret?

Did you loosen the screws and move the turret up like I said above?

26 is the largest number. Yeah I loosened all the way and went up 12 mils where it stops

And you put 26 on where the 12 mils stopped and then retightened your turret screws yes?

Yes 26 and 12 line up together. Something in the turret is not allowing me to dial up any more than 12 mils.

The turret has just been slipped past it zero stop is all it sounds like to me. So when you dial down from 26 to zero where does it stop?

.6 mrad below 0 on first rev down. I have 12 mils of total travel right now

I appreciate it gee Kay, the issue is I have DT turrets and those videos both are for MTC turrets. I have watched every YouTube video I can find and none are showing me a solution for the issue I’m seeing.

Reactions: Gee Kay
Thank you for the help fellas, it ended up being a rev limiter issue, it somehow got spun around 180° and wasn’t catching allowing the turret to go past 12 mils. Simple turn with a flat head got it working perfectly. Thanks.

Reactions: Gee Kay
The following applies to the standard DT turrets...

With both zeroing setscrews on the elevation turret loose (backed out at least 1 full turn), is the elevation turret silent or does it click when you rotate it?

It should be silent with the 2x set screws backed off.

If it's silent, with the 2x set screws lose just rotate the knob all the way up to the second revolution (yellow in the windows), stop at around 26 mils, and snug the set screws. You should then have full travel. Keep light downward pressure on the knob all you do this.

If it's clicking with the 2x set screws backed off, the knob is still rotating the elevation erector assembly, and something in the knob or set screws isn't releasing from the elevation erector properly, and the knob is probably stopping because the scope is out of elevation travel.

Let us know which situation you have.

With the set screws backed off, if the elevation knob clicks, or if it doesn't click but hangs up at the first to second revolution transition at about 13 mils, there may be something amiss with the knob. Post back with what you find. The DT turret is simple underneath and you can probably correct a minor issue yourself.

Edit: looks like you got it corrected while I was posting.

Kiba I figured it out, posted what it was above your comment, simple fix was to turn the rev limiter (silver round object inside turret with U shape cutout) 180° to allow the turret full range of motion. It must have gotten spun around somehow

Kiba I figured it out, posted what it was above your comment, simple fix was to turn the rev limiter (silver round object inside turret with U shape cutout) 180° to allow the turret full range of motion. It must have gotten spun around somehow

Yep, that can happen, especially if the knob walks upwards a bit when the setscrews are loose and the knob is rotated through the 1st-2nd revolution area-- the little "flipper" cam can snag the pin in the top of the elevation erector housing and get out of position.