• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

S&B PMII 3-20 US vs. NF 4-20 ATACR F1

Which scope for 22” 6.5CM gasser

• Total voters

Bchico14

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2020
Reno, NV
Hello all,
I am looking to buy a new scope for my 22” KAC SR25 in 6.5CM, it is primarily used target/steel out to 800-1200 yards. I had a S&B PMII 5-25 with the P4FL reticle and it is a fantastic scope, but I feel like it’s overkill for the gun. After doing tons of research I’ve narrowed my next choice down to the S&B 3-20 ultra short with the T3 reticle or the NF ATACR 4-20 with the T3 reticle, I don’t have anywhere local to look through both so I wanted any reviews/comparisons if possible.
Thanks!

I have used a 5-25x PM2 for over 2 years and a friend runs a 3-20x US. I have looked through both side by side on many occations. I think the 3-20 is an awesome scope. Its shorter, has lower turrets, you can choose to use a cap over the windage turret. It is just as good to look through and it does not tunnel on any magnification. It is possible to pick up a little CA in the 3-20x if you really look for it. I have never had an issue with CA in my 5-25x. If it was possible at the time to get the 3-20x with MSR I would probably have picked it over the 5-25x myself.

Cant speak for the NF. As I only have experience from the older NXS scopes.

Reactions: Bchico14
27E26DCA-DBC2-4E61-9786-A604F6D8E51A.jpeg

ZCO 4-20

FC35E43F-DCF4-4451-84C2-FE174EE521F6.jpeg

I wasnt blown away by the glass in the 3-20 US PMII I had...so that said...save a little coin and go with an ATACR...if not...just spend the money on ZCO...best glass currently...period...

That said...I freaking miss the PMIIs turrets...the eye box was easy to get behind as well...so if you can deal with some CA (above 15x) at a $3K+ price tag...go for it...but in reality...the glass in the US 3-20 was dead on the same feel as my old Bushy DMRII...

Reactions: Bchico14