• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S&B Precision Hunter inquiry

Engine 22

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 3, 2008
    KC
    I'm leaning heavily towards one of these scopes. I'm specifically interested in the turrets. Are the turrets easy to turn with a gloved hand? They look smallish
    wink.gif
    . From what I've been able to find, there is only a turret for elevation? I'm sure the standard S&B quality for glass and ruggedness applies for these? This will be for a medium range hunting rifle I'm building. Thanks in advance!

Re: S&B Precision Hunter inquiry

I have an older model 1.5-6x42. They do not make it any longer, but mine has exposed turrets for windage and elevation. You can turn the turrets with gloves. The glass is of course amazing. It does appear that the newer models only have exposed turrets for elevation. My scope has a German #8 reticule, but the newer models have the P3 mildot. I doubt you will be disappointed with the scope if you decide to go this route.