• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S&B reticle H2CMR vs P4L fine

Re: S&B reticle H2CMR vs P4L fine

i like them both but actually like the looks of the klein reticle they offer the best.

I have a 5-25 getting the H2CMR put in it now so I will let you know how it compares to the P4F when I get it back.

After looking at it at SHOT I really like the .2 mil marks on the horizintal for wind holds and also movers. Additionally the .1 mil marks on the parts of the vertical will help with ranging break downs. I really liked the looks of the reticle and that's why I sent my 5-25 that had a GenII in it in to get changed over.

Also if it matters to you the whole H2CMR reticle illuminates.

Personally, I like the P4L Fine...I prefer hash marks over circles/ovals/dots.

No but having looked at that and the MSR next to each other they appear pretty close.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dieselten</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rob do you know the actual line thickness of the h2cmr? </div></div>

.035 mil according to S&B. I had a P4 fine in my 5-25 and liked it, but the illumination left much to be desired. I also missed having a half mil mark from the center. The H2CMR, given all the conditions under which I may have to shoot, is currently their best offering for me.

Ryan
If the h2cmr is .035 what is the P4Fine? Same?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dyoung</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ryan
If the h2cmr is .035 what is the P4Fine? Same? </div></div>P4F IS .035 mil.

Anybody know if the H2CMR reticle is 0.035 mil thickness for sure?

From the PDFs charts, it looks wider than the P4F reticle...

I don't have the pdfs with me as I am not at home but from looking through them they looked about the same to me. I should have a 5-25x with a H2CMR showing up in a couple of weeks so I can tell you for sure then.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LRCampos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody know if the H2CMR reticle is 0.035 mil thickness for sure?

From the PDFs charts, it looks wider than the P4F reticle... </div></div>
IIRC, there were a couple of different model PMIIs' with the H2CMR at SHOT show. The H2CMR definitely looked "thicker" than a P4F set at the same <span style="font-style: italic">apparent</span> magnification. While I like the H2CMR in theory, the 0.2 MIL hashes combined with the thick lines make the H2CMR too "bunched-up" for my liking, covering up too much for a precision shot on a small target.

As far as the H2CMR looking wider than the P4F in their respective PDFs', keep in mind that the line thicknesses are not drawn to scale in the PDFs'. However, as I said - in person the H2CMR does look thicker than a P4F set to the same <span style="font-style: italic">apparent</span> magnification.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't have the pdfs with me as I am not at home but from looking through them they looked about the same to me. I should have a 5-25x with a H2CMR showing up in a couple of weeks so I can tell you for sure then. </div></div>
Does the H2CMR PDF you have list the H2CMR's line thickness? Maybe you have a different version of the H2CMR PDF than I have, as the H2CMR PDF I have (shown below) doesn't list the line thickness at all. Looking at the H2CMR in person at SHOT, the H2CMR's line thickness definitely looked "thicker" than a PF4 set to the same magnification.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">H2CMR reticle diagram courtesy of Schmidt & Bender:</span></span>
PMIIH2CMRDiagram800x569.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">P4F reticle diagram courtesy of Schmidt & Bender:</span></span>
P4FineDiagram566x722.jpg

Keith

I can tell you first hand since i now own a 5-25x56 with h2cmr if you like the p4f you will love the h2cmr. the thickness is about the same as the p4f visually, and it looks 10x clearer than it shows in the pdf file that is pictured.

I wouldn't consider any other reticle other than the klein if i were buying another s&b. H2cmr all the way for me, it just feels so precise with the .2 mil windage holds and seems to make reticle ranging easier.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Team-Send-It!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can tell you first hand since i now own a 5-25x56 with h2cmr if you like the p4f you will love the h2cmr. the thickness is about the same as the p4f visually, and it looks 10x clearer than it shows in the pdf file that is pictured.

I wouldn't consider any other reticle other than the klein if i were buying another s&b. H2cmr all the way for me, it just feels so precise with the .2 mil windage holds and seems to make reticle ranging easier.</div></div>

Could you post a through the scope pic? I was interest in the H2CMR but the PDF made it look horrid IMO. I do have a S&B on they way but may return it if the H2CMR reticle looks better than it does in the PDF. Thanks in advance if you can do this.

the pdf is crap compared to the actual reticle, for one the mildots are hollow like a nxs mildot, and the subtensions are super clear and distinct. I predict this reticle will catch on like wild fire once a few more guys start using them.

i will try and take pics but it is challenging honestly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Team-Send-It!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the pdf is crap compared to the actual reticle, for one the mildots are hollow like a nxs mildot, and the subtensions are super clear and distinct. I predict this reticle will catch on like wild fire once a few more guys start using them.
</div></div>

It's got to be clearer, that pdf looks like it was drawn with a red Crayon. Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

The actual reticle is much better obviously. That PDF doesn't do it justice. Been salivating after one since SHOT and it should be here in a couple of weeks. Just got some Seekins Rings in that are very lonely
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The actual reticle is much better obviously. That PDF doesn't do it justice. Been salivating after one since SHOT and it should be here in a couple of weeks. Just got some Seekins Rings in that are very lonely
wink.gif
</div></div>

I have two lonely Spuhr mounts too. I guess they have each other. I was told the end of the month for mine.

Same as the P4F.

Anybody know how the mils of the illuminated center on the P4F? It appears to be 3/4 mils for me but wasn't for sure.

I have a PMII 5-25x56 with the H2CMR reticle. I also have the same scope with a P4F reticle. The winner hands down for me is the new H2CMR. It just brings a lot more to the table.

I just received 2-PMIIs with the H2CMR and i think i'm in love.

I previously had a GenIIXR which i thought was great. I never really used the Xmas tree. I feel like the H2CMR is VERY useable. The .2 hashes on the horizontal line are awesome for holding wind. I was a little confused with the .1 lines between 2-3mils on the vertical line in the beginning but i think it works great now. I wonder if they decided to put those between 2-3mils vs down lower due to optical clarity being better towards the center? Not that there's any issues with clarity in a S&B
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blklabs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody know how the mils of the illuminated center on the P4F? It appears to be 3/4 mils for me but wasn't for sure. </div></div>
What? I think that no one answered your question earlier because they either don't understand your question or they they don't know the answer (I've seen this question come up several times before). Anyway, I believe your question is what the distance/measurement is between the center and the inboard end of the "+". It is .75 (3/4) MIL, as the distance/measurement between the center and the first hash from center is 1 MIL.

If thats' not what you're asking or didn't otherwise answer your query, please re-phrase or otherwise clarify your question.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">PDF of PMII P4 Fine Illuminated reticle courtesy of 2006 S & B PMII Instruction Manual:</span></span>
P4FineDiagram566x722.jpg

Keith