• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S&B Seconds?

Howie Feltersnatch

Deep in my Plums.
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2007
Largo, FL.
A buddy of mine can get Swat seconds of S&B scopes. Do you think it's worth getting a second for $800 or buy a new Mark 4?

Re: S&B Seconds?

depends on what makes it a 2nd. if its cosmetic then yes. SB is normaly 3k and you would be getting them for 800...hmm

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ErikTaylor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yea that's what I was wondering. It makes me wonder why they would get rid of them that cheap. </div></div>

Sounds very fishy,you got a link where we can check these out........You gotta pay attention,you sure it doesnt say shit and bender.
I cant ever recall ever even hearing of a fake s&b.
Post a pic if you can get one

What model S&B? What condition? There are no seconds, only functional and not functional
Many would say: better a used S&B then a brand new Mark4

It's from a trusted guy on another forum that I am a part of. Shit and Bender...haha. I'll have to ask him that. I wonder what PD has enough money to throw working S&B scopes out the door.

Thats a very good question if you find them to be the real deal and the only issue is cosmetic,let me and everyone else here know.I know for 800 i sure would like to have one.Hell dude thats a 3k piece of very high grade optical equipment..........good luck

An S&B for 800 bucks? I have a kidney I can sell or blood I can donate to come up with it.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sixpakastan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">An S&B for 800 bucks? I have a kidney I can sell or blood I can donate to come up with it.
grin.gif
</div></div>

Hahah that's about where I'm at with it.

FWIW...don't get me wrong, I get partial wood at the idea of any S&B for $800. But I would be highly suspect. I would think that any PD that actually has the funds and the know-how (and the administrative environment) to pick and fund S&B glass on their equipment would know that they could recoup a MUCH larger portion of the funds originally spent and then not have to use as much of their budget for the new purchase. Doesn't seem to add up. Most of the LEO guys I've met at matches who have S&B or USO stuff are in a small department who they were able to speak with "the old man" and get approval to receive the department allocation for optics, and then they would make the purchase and pay for any extra "out-of-pocket" (and they considered themselves lucky). If you get one and it's the real deal, please don't post it so that I see it and have to go slam my nuts in my car door for not asking you where I can get one! -A

Bear in mind S&B makes more than just the PM line. These could be (and very likely are) some of their older style scopes, which while still great may not have all the features you were expecting (are are probably the reason why they're being replaced).

Still, it's definately worth looking in to. I can think of a couple rifles that would benefit from an $800 S&B. Just be sure to keep both eyes open.

Sounds spooky as hell to me at that price.

last time I heard one of these, one coworker of mine bought a "military over run" MK4 without a serial number on it. Of course it was the chinese hack. I was on the desk that day and pulled up the whole SH post on fake Mk4s and showed him. The seller was another police firearms instructor and I believe an dishonorable scam artist. I have no doubt the seller knew what he had and probably got it in trade on a rifle and buddy fucked my coworker a hell of nice guy who just retired this weekend.

Guess what.....the seller didn't go to his retirement dinner.

So.....I'd be scairt on laying out cash without a very good examination of the product.

A company that offers a high dollar, lifetime warranteed product DOES NOT SELL SECONDS! One of the reasons that this type of product is so expensive is because anything substandard is scrapped, not sold. Think McMillan stocks--never seen a second have you--but I bet they screw one or two up along the way
smile.gif

You can't make a lifetime warranteed product, sell seconds, and then tell a subsequent buyer 10 years down the road that the scope he paid top dollar for was a second, with no warranty.

So most likely not seconds.

As far as selling a decommissioned scope--that is possible, but S & B is pretty much state of the art and unlikely to be decommissioned for the next couple decades.

I call BS.