• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

S&B Ultra Bright or T96 owners

ALShooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2007
B'ham, AL
Just wanting to make sure I’m not crazy here…

I had my PMII ultra bright repaired recently and they replaced the objective lens. The new lens appears to reflect a blue or cool tint, while the original was green.

If you own one of these scopes and don’t mind taking a peek to see what yours is I would appreciate it. Before and after below for comparison.

Yes I’m in contact with them(and they have to call Germany to see what’s going on) but I have no frame of reference besides the original lens (and a few pics I found searching) to know if the original’s coating was bad making it appear green or the new one is wrong.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 4BC46631-1195-473D-A23B-0F7FC5A83B3E.jpeg
    4BC46631-1195-473D-A23B-0F7FC5A83B3E.jpeg
    311.5 KB · Views: 44
  • BB51CD24-FFA0-4C84-B78A-0340CFBE134D.jpeg
    BB51CD24-FFA0-4C84-B78A-0340CFBE134D.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
How does the scope function now?
Any difference in color or anything other that’s off?

Sounds weird, but might be that the technician used a wrong lens from another series with the same properties.

Keep us updated.

Sounds weird, but might be that the technician used a wrong lens from another series with the same properties.

Keep us updated.
Sore subject. The scope is headed back again because their was debris on an internal lens post repair(came loose in shipping). So I only had it about 24 hours. 😂 I just happened to notice the coating appeared different when inspecting it. Ups delivered it yesterday afternoon and I shipped it back this afternoon. I didn’t notice anything “off” during the 5-10min I had to look through it. I’d imagine it’ll turn into one of those things that bugs you just because you know it’s there. My theory was they may have sent a regular PMII 56mm lens as the coating appears similar to pictures I can find of those.

The coatings are what makes this scope achieve the low light transmission from what I know. So I’m somewhat worried about it. They confirmed it was the correct part number, as it’s unique to this scope, but I would think the error happened in Germany as they had to wait on the lens from the mothership.

Took a pic of the ocular before sending it back today and it seems to have the green reflectivity as the objective once had.

Attachments

• FC1134E2-641B-4799-83B0-92B25EABF803.jpeg
    FC1134E2-641B-4799-83B0-92B25EABF803.jpeg
    208.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 968AF2DB-ADB1-49E6-84CB-12A5BE227186.jpeg
    968AF2DB-ADB1-49E6-84CB-12A5BE227186.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Keep us updated.
Looks like I was worried for no reason! So if it ever comes up again here is S&B’s reply:
“The coating of our lenses is carried out in a vapor deposition system.

The vapor deposition materials can have different effects from batch to batch with regard to the lens coating color.

We check the reflection and transmission of the lenses with every delivery.

A change in coating color does not mean that the properties have changed.

The function is in the foreground = Reflection and Transmission.”