• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S&B Ultra Short 3-20X50

Pinenot

Private
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2017
Can you get the 3-20x50 PM II Ultra Short in second focal plane? On S&B site it shows SFP rets for it, but I don't see any SFP s for sale just FFP.

Is the P3L thicker than the P4LF? I don't see any S&B scope for sale with the P4L, have they discontinued that ret? I like thick reticles. But dont like FFP. Thanks, Mark

Ultra-Short, no. FFP only.

P3L is a good bit thicker. P4F became the main seller as no one was buying the thicker reticles really.

wjm308, yeah, that might be an option. It even says " illuminated reticule suitable for daylight" . Thanks

wjm308, yeah, that might be an option. It even says " illuminated reticule suitable for daylight" . Thanks
If you are also looking for low light performance, a better option would be the Blaser Infinity 4-20x58 even though it's FFP, they implemented the red dot very well and the optics are supposed to be absolutely first rate, this scope was designed by GSO (formerly Optronika who are responsible for Premier, Minox ZP5 and Tangent Theta designs)

No, but the 3-21x50 Exos is something you might be interested in: https://www.schmidtundbender.de/en/new-products/3-21x50-exos.html
Bill, After going back and forth on a few different scopes, decided on the Exos. I have been told that the Exos illuminated scopes are like Flash Dot. Suppose to be daylight bright. I ordered it , so will see. I want it for a hunting scope & only the dot will be illuminated. It also has SF parallax down to 25 meters. So will work for extremely close shooting as well. I will let you know how it works out. Be a few weeks to get here. Thanks , Mark

Bill, After going back and forth on a few different scopes, decided on the Exos. I have been told that the Exos illuminated scopes are like Flash Dot. Suppose to be daylight bright. I ordered it , so will see. I want it for a hunting scope & only the dot will be illuminated. It also has SF parallax down to 25 meters. So will work for extremely close shooting as well. I will let you know how it works out. Be a few weeks to get here. Thanks , Mark
Hey Mark, I’m really curious to hear your thoughts as I’ve never seen that scope in person and curious how well it’s executed.

Bill, got the scope a few days back. Have not mounted it on rifle yet. Think I am going to like it , naturally it has very great glass. The illumination is awesome, you can easily see the illuminated dot even in bright sunlight. Be honest with you that is what I was concerned most about as some other illuminated scopes I have tried were not even visible in daylight. Thanks for bringing this optic to my attention.

Nice Pine. Tell me about those turrets, how many clicks per turn and are they distinct with little play. I had a feeling they did the “red dot” right. Blaser has something similar with their Infinity line.

I counted 156. but it says 150 on the vertical turret. Very audible and distinct, no play. The vertical turret knob is huge, if it was smaller it would be harder to turn. The windage turret knob is smaller & takes more force & it is audible and very distinct. It has a cap. The vertical turret has a sliding lock & a lock/unlock indicator red/green. Nice big numbers. Waiting to get my rifle back from the dipper to mount the scope. I can't get over how intense the illumination is. On 11 you can almost point it toward the sun & see it. Which for my eye issues is great.

Reactions: Glassaholic
Last edited: