• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S&B warranty; is it really only 2 years?

I copied my response to our discussion in the other thread:

I may have incorrectly assumed you are in the US, since you are shooting a Leupold. I just got off the phone with Jerry at SB's repair center here in the US (Winchester, Virginia). He stated that the warranty for civilian users in the US is 10 years (100% unlimited), and 30 years for manufacturer defect. He is aware that the website doesn't reflect that, but rather it shows the policy for Germany (and the rest of Europe?). If you have doubts, contact them directly.

I was certain that here on the Hide it was announced that the warranty had been changed to 20 years, but I can't find that now.

Well, we all know how a word of mouth warranty works compared to one in writing. Ill take the one in writing over what someone told me over the phone. Thats a pretty lame warranty for a well known, high dollar optic, IMO.

That warranty sucks for that price point.

I believe the original post was made on Scout, which is why no one can find it. Lowlight "reposted" it in a comment in this thread. When it comes to Euro scopes, one has to make sure they are looking for state side support rather than the euro warranties. Some of those countries have some funny rules and regs. And yes, sometimes the US gets the same warranty as those in Europe.

https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...copes/6323554-schmidt-bender-back-in-the-game

Unsure why that would matter since its a "worldwide" warranty.

No 20 year in the US

20 Year Transferable Limited Warranty and Disclaimer - U.S.A.

Schmidt & Bender warrants that the Schmidt & Bender Scopes shall, when delivered, substantially comply with the product
descriptions provided by Schmidt & Bender. “Scope(s)” shall mean the Schmidt & Bender rifle scope(s) sold.
This warranty applies when such defects appear in Scopes delivered hereunder within the warranty period. The general warranty period shall be twenty
(20) years,
if the purchaser and end user of the Scope(s) is not a government entity, including but not limited to a member of the military, and the warranty
period shall be two (2) years, if the Scope(s) are being used by any government entity, including but not limited to a member of the military, at any given
time during the warranty period. The warranty period on electronic components of the Scope(s) shall be limited to two (2) years in all cases. The warranty
period shall commence at the later of the date of manufacture of the Scopes or the receipt of the attached Warranty Registration Card by Schmidt & Bender
together with proof of original purchase within 30 days of original purchase. EXCEPT AS SET FORTH ABOVE, SCHMIDT & BENDER MAKES NO WARRANTY,
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, CONCERNING THE SCOPES OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR WORKMANSHIP THEREOF. THIS SALE IS MADE ON THE EXPRESS
UNDERSTANDING THAT THERE IS NO IMPLIED WARRANTY THAT THE SCOPES SHALL BE FIT FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT
CUSTOMER IS NOT RELYING ON SCHMIDT & BENDER’S SKILL OR JUDGMENT TO SELECT OR FURNISH SCOPES SUITABLE FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND THAT
THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION HEREIN. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE AGREED HEREIN, NEITHER SCHMIDT & BENDER NOR
ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR MULTIPLE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGE OR
LOSS OF OTHER PROPERTY OR SCOPES, LOSS OF PROFIT OR REVENUE, OF CAPITAL, OR CLAIMS RESULTING FROM CONTRACTS AND/OR AGREEMENTS BETWEEN
CUSTOMER, ITS CUSTOMERS AND/OR SUPPLIERS. Any claim regarding any defect or inconformity under this warranty which a casual inspection would
disclose must be made in writing within thirty (30) days of its original purchase. All other claims under this warranty must be made in writing within
thirty (30) days after the alleged defect is discovered. All claims for warranties shall be subject to Schmidt & Bender’s reasonable determination that the
Product did not meet the warranty granted hereunder and shall be fully satisfied and discharged by, at Schmidt & Bender’s discretion, either (i) repairing
any defective Scopes in conformity its specifications within a reasonable period of time upon its receipt or (ii) delivering Scopes substantially meeting its
specifications upon receipt of any defective Scope by Schmidt & Bender. Shipping costs in connection with shipment of defective Scopes from Purchaser
to Schmidt & Bender and from Schmidt & Bender to Purchaser shall be borne by Schmidt & Bender provided that Schmidt & Bender will not be responsible
for shipping costs of any Scopes not found to be defective by it.

Schmidt & Bender shall not be liable for any claims resulting from misuse, unauthorized modification, abuse of the Scopes, improper handling, includ-
ing but not limited to damages caused to Scopes due to normal wear and tear.

SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY
NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES THE CONSUMER SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND THE CONSUMER MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH MAY
VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.

No 20 year in the US

20 Year Transferable Limited Warranty and Disclaimer - U.S.A.

THANKS, LOWLIGHT. I KNEW I remembered that! Can you please direct us to the source where that can be found?

Thanks

Why is that NOT posted on their website? You'd think S&B would make that clear for potential customers.

I copied my response to our discussion in the other thread:

I may have incorrectly assumed you are in the US, since you are shooting a Leupold. I just got off the phone with Jerry at SB's repair center here in the US (Winchester, Virginia). He stated that the warranty for civilian users in the US is 10 years (100% unlimited), and 30 years for manufacturer defect. He is aware that the website doesn't reflect that, but rather it shows the policy for Germany (and the rest of Europe?). If you have doubts, contact them directly.

I was certain that here on the Hide it was announced that the warranty had been changed to 20 years, but I can't find that now.

Hello vh20

You are correct; I am in the US, Las Vegas to be exact.
Not questioning anyone's word; just read what was written on S&B's website and back a few years ago, called twice S&B's CS and I remember well what I was told in no uncertain terms. It is now few years later, things and people change; I am sure Jerry is a straight forward guy and that he means what he says. Nevertheless, considering the warranty offered by Vortex, Nightforce, Leupold and other big optics companies; you would think S&B would feel the need to put it in writing on their website. A lifetime warranty is always a great thing to have and anything mechanical is subject to failure, even great scopes such S&B.