• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S&B with non-illuminated reticle?

cgriff

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 31, 2009
Mississippi
I've searched a little and even sent S&B an email but didn't get a strait answer.

Is it possible to get the PM 3-20 or 5-25 with the P4 reticle without illumination?

A friend of mine is in the market for one and doesn't want illumination because he's afraid of legality issues hunting in some states. Looking at their website, it looks like you can get their P3 without illumination, but not the P4. The 3-20 isn't even listed on their site, but is listed for sale at SWFA. My friend prefers the hash marks to the dots.

I'm just trying to help a friend make sure he gets what he wants for that kind of money.

Re: S&B with non-illuminated reticle?

Have him just take the batteries out if there is a legality issue. A DEP Officer couldn't say he was using the illumination if there is no battery.

That's simple enough. I'll let him know.
Thanks Rob

Still curious if they even make the P4 non-illuminated?

I would be interested if there are really any laws against illuminated reticles and hunting... That sounds bizarre, although stranger has been outlawed...

I'm not sure what state he was planning on hunting in that didn't allow illuminated reticles, but in doing this research I saw on S&B's website a statement about checking state laws before ordering for that very reason.

almost every brand of scope manufacture makes an illuminated hunting reticle. I have deer hunted with one since 2004 and have a S&B Gen II XL that i will use this up coming season. I have never herd of such rule.

Trijicon's entire line of "hunting scopes are illum.

Rather than try to buy a scope with out Illum. just call the game wardens office and ask if its ok for deer hunting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Griff01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's simple enough. I'll let him know.
Thanks Rob

Still curious if they even make the P4 non-illuminated?

</div></div>
Although not conclusive, I've never seen a non-illuminated (non-LP) PMII 5-25X, nor have I ever seen non-LP PMII 5-25Xs' mentioned or listed on the S & B web site.

Keith

When I emailed S&B about it, I asked if they put non-illuminated reticles in the PM 3-20 or 5-25 scopes. The reply I got said that the P3 was available in the 3-12 model.

I guess I should take that as a no.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SingleShot85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">almost every brand of scope manufacture makes an illuminated hunting reticle. I have deer hunted with one since 2004 and have a S&B Gen II XL that i will use this up coming season. I have never herd of such rule.

Trijicon's entire line of "hunting scopes are illum.

Rather than try to buy a scope with out Illum. just call the game wardens office and ask if its ok for deer hunting.

</div></div>

You may be right, I do know that when I was stationed in South Dakota it was illegal to bow hunt with any kind of electronic illuminated sight on a bow.