• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

S.U.V. With Sniper's Hide Sticker Getting Ticketed

Krav69

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2007
If you are the proud owner of a silver S.U.V. parked on 14th and Osage St. in Denver, Colorado, you are getting ticketed by the parking po po. You have a nice SH sticker on the lower left rear window.

I would like to have been able to help, but the parking police tools are useless purple knob slobbers, and I didn't feel like getting dirty.

The ticket should cost about $50.

Re: S.U.V. With Sniper's Hide Sticker Getting Ticketed

Nothing is more fun than feeding meters, and flipping the meter- nazi-bitch-rot in a pit of fetid shit-you bastard the bird while you tear away on a dual sport with the plate conveniently flapping in the wind.

I hate meter. I also hate Denver.

Sucks to be the owner of an SUV.

Had a similar incident happen to me about a month ago in Rapid City SD. I was down town and stopped at a local gun shop and was in there for no more than 10 minutes and came out to find a parking ticket for being parked right on the white line that separates the parking spots. Never mind the guy I parked next to was on the line as well which forced me to hug the one side just so I could get out of my truck. Went to the bank and got the amount of the parking ticket in pennies and took it down to the place where you pay and dropped it off. Hope they had fun wasting a buch of time counting all those pennies, cause they wasted mine with a retarded ticket.

Slayer that's a good one. I will have to do that next time I go to pay a ticket.

In POW training I learned there was always somebody in any group willing to be a bitch for the man. I'd dig ditches for life before being a parking nazi.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Varmint Slayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Had a similar incident happen to me about a month ago in Rapid City SD. I was down town and stopped at a local gun shop and was in there for no more than 10 minutes and came out to find a parking ticket for being parked right on the white line that separates the parking spots. Never mind the guy I parked next to was on the line as well which forced me to hug the one side just so I could get out of my truck. Went to the bank and got the amount of the parking ticket in pennies and took it down to the place where you pay and dropped it off. Hope they had fun wasting a buch of time counting all those pennies, cause they wasted mine with a retarded ticket. </div></div>

+1 the penny idea is a good one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYpatriot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In POW training I learned there was always somebody in any group willing to be a bitch for the man. I'd dig ditches for life before being a parking nazi. </div></div>

Agreed KY, there's a host of .gov jobs I can say the same about.

Dang, I am still waiting for the reply that says:
DAmn, I came out today and had a ticket on my SUV
Come on member X, lets see who ya are
laugh.gif

Maybe Frank has a booth displaying and selling his suede leather leopard thongs again in the same location as last year at the Sturgis Rally? I heard say in the 'Hills' he was/is quite popular with the bikers. Perhaps he pole danced at the Hells Angels reunion in Spearfish this weekend and was just in Rapid for 'scented oils' etc?

Just a thought!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Sake</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Frank drives a silver SUV and lives in Denver...

What kind of SUV? </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Was one of these in the driver's seat?</span>

booster-seat.jpg

Ok...that was freakin funny! haha I too am very curious to see who's it is, I was hoping someone would claim it by now!

Last parking ticket I got in Denver I kept the envelope and sent in the payment in a plain envelope. I keep the pre-addressed one in my glovebox and stick it under my wiper whenever I have to park at a meter. Been using it for about 3 yrs and no tickets yet! Probably have made back the initial $26 I paid in the ticket and we try not to spend too much time down in town.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: powdahound76</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Last parking ticket I got in Denver I kept the envelope and sent in the payment in a plain envelope. I keep the pre-addressed one in my glovebox and stick it under my wiper whenever I have to park at a meter. Been using it for about 3 yrs and no tickets yet! Probably have made back the initial $26 I paid in the ticket and we try not to spend too much time down in town. </div></div>

That's awesome...!

Re: S.U.V. With Sniper's Hide Sticker Getting Tick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: powdahound76</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Last parking ticket I got in Denver I kept the envelope and sent in the payment in a plain envelope. I keep the pre-addressed one in my glovebox and stick it under my wiper whenever I have to park at a meter. Been using it for about 3 yrs and no tickets yet! Probably have made back the initial $26 I paid in the ticket and we try not to spend too much time down in town. </div></div>

Wish that would work down here. Unfourtuntly (and this is fyi to san ant. Tx Folks) that wont fly. The meters downtown are now all credit card / coin kiosks, and parking enforcement has PDAs, not only can they take photos of your car but they can save and pull up the meter space. If they see a ticket already there, they scan it and either issue you another one or boot your vehicle.
Food for thought

Digrinder and a cut off wheel. It also helps to have an inverter in the truck to power it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Sake</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Frank drives a silver SUV and lives in Denver...

What kind of SUV? </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Was one of these in the driver's seat?</span>

booster-seat.jpg
</div></div>

Where is my BAN BUTTON, I know I had it somewhere close at hand...

Digrinder and a cut off wheel. It also helps to have an inverter in the truck to power it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 0481</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Digrinder and a cut off wheel. It also helps to have an inverter in the truck to power it.</div></div>

lol... my old Jeep had a lot of tools on it... I always wondered about something like this... first, IF they could even boot the tire/wheel combo...second, how long would it take me to remove

When I was in college one of my classmates got his welding pickup booted. He was in the process of cutting the boot off with a torch when a cop pulled up. Needless to say the cop wasn't too happy with him.

Cutting the boot off?
Hold on....
SARCASTIC FONT: [ON] OFF

So youre really under the impression that the receipt end of that ticket you have has no collection of your vehicle make/model/plates/etc. And that the original dosent have your VIN , address, etc. So when you do successfully remove the boot, the county is NOT going to fine you or ask you for it back?

oh im sure you'll go far...

You should try cutting it off. It'll get you a free meal or two at the jail house when they do catch up to you. Did for my classmate anyway.

I saw a picture on the net of a boot left in place with the tire still in it.
So you sacrifice a worn out tire and go your merry way....
I have never had a parking ticket, but I had my company car towed.
At the GM plant in Doraville, Ga., The plant security will stick a large very sticky placard on the windshield to remind you to park somewhere else. So, the office workers had to wait another hour to have their Xerox machine repaired while I scraped the sticker off.....
I hated that job.

There's a show on cable about parking Nazis in Detroit (I think) where the city PAYS people to drive around and look for people parked illegally.

Anyway, one episode had a guy get caught by the city folks; they tried to boot his 26" wheel and the boot didn't fit. So they called the city wrecker to tow his junk to the impound. Turns out he just bought the car and the previous owner screwed him over. He still got hit with the bill for parking tickets, the tow, and impound fees.

Here's a better idea -- carry your own boot with the envelope. Throw the boot on before you walk away.

there's several shows that do the parking meter cop thing. as a detroiter i can vouch for the detroit parking team. I've not been ticketed but know enough who have over the years. Its a valuable income stream for the city sadly enough. I wonder what they're getting for letting the camera follow their parking enforcement officers around.