• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors S&W 325 Thunder Ranch or M&P R8

Dark Horse

Private
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2008
Albany, NY
Ok guys, I guess this one comes down to opinions so here goes. Looking to add a revolver as a backup(not necessarily concealed). This could be woods carry or emergency solution if the semi Im carrying fails(hypothetical of course).

Hard to address every situation with 1 type of ammo so I narrowed down the best choices overall. 125 grain 357 Mag too light for the woods.

1. 357 Magnum 158 grain Gold Dot
2. 357 Magnum 180 hard cast
3. 45 ACP 230 grain FMJFP
4. 45 ACP 230 grain Gold Dot

So taking into consideration all variables including ammo availability during a severe shortage which of the above revolvers would you rather have?

Re: S&W 325 Thunder Ranch or M&P R8

If "severe shortage" was the issue, I'd rather have a high cap 9 mil or, excluding large Bears, a 22 rf. (You can carry lots of 22 rf when leaving Albany for ADK mtn park!)
If you want to be sure you can kill large things and still have a lightweight gun, then the S&W 329 44 Magnum with Crimsontrace lasergrips will do it. 26 oz empty.
That's my "carry gun" out here. In town with 44 special silvertips, in the back country 300 gr hardcasts over a max load of H110.
Now have an El Paso Saddlery tanker holster for it and two speed loaders.
That way, if the horse leaves me, I still have the gun and ammo.
I left NY 10 years ago. Lots fewer people with lots more guns here! We even have a Democrat Gov. with a 100% NRA rating!

bigironcopy1.jpg

With all the bullshit going on right now in regards to the Gun Nazi's, don't think a move out west hasn't crossed my mind.

You would be welcome to help offset the wacko anti gun greenies who are coming from CA, WA and OR. They've taken over Jackson and the "poor ones" (only multi millionares) are starting to come our way bring their "san francisco values" with them.

Maybe we just divide states and residents into either pro-gun or anti-gun...lol would make things a whole lot easier.

Anyway I think I found a solution for my revolver. Ruger Super Redhawk in 454 Casull with a 4" custom fitted barrel and modified 6rd cylinder. Can fire 454 Casull, 45 LC, or 45 ACP.