• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors S&W 327 PD opinions?

Bryan27

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 31, 2007
Tennessee
I just bought a S&W 327 PD, 357 mag revolver with the 4" barrel. It's being shipped to my FFL at the moment so I'm still waiting to get to shoot one. I based my decision on ergonomics, natural feel in my hand, light weight and I admit that I think it looks pretty cool too. It's a large frame, scadnium? frame titanium cylinder, 8 shot revolver at around 24 ounces. Kinda like a full sized airlite. I'm curious about any pros and cons that you have with this style pistol since my only real experience is getting my greasy fingerprints all over one at the local gun shop. My only reservation was not having shot one before dropping down the coin since I don't know anybody who has one. Anyways, if any of you have one, shot one or have any info on good authority I'd like to hear about it.

Re: S&W 327 PD opinions?

I have the big brother, a 329 (44 mag) with CT laser grips. Very accurate. A handful with 300 gr hardcast full power loads. But when you hike. fish and horseback in country where Mr Griz lives, it is comforting. Just don't EVER clean it with gun blaster or brake cleaner as that will lock up the cylinder from rotating...please don't ask me how I know!
Hoppe's and Break Free works fine.

bigironcopy1.jpg

When you say that gun blaster and brake cleaner will lock up the cylinder I'm not following you? Are they a no-can-do on Ti or something? I trust you and will heed your advice but I'm curious as to what happens.

We have Mr. Noshoulders around here and it will be comforting to know that I will have 8 chances to fill him with rat shot when I take my kayak out, so I can empithize with you about Mr Griz.

These handguns are addicting, I bought my first one last month and now I have three. I should have started this 10 years ago.

I guess (at least I was told) that somewhere in the instructions it says not to use those types of cleaners because it reacts with the metals used. It sure did lock mine up and required a 2 day soak with Break free so I could get the cylinder off the crane and clean everything up and relube. Gunblaster also eats plastic, you should see what it did to the botom of my TC 22 rf semi autos magazine!

What are your options now that it's been a few years?

I have been trying to track down a 327PD for a few months now and the guys who have them don't seem to be selling them and S&W is no longer producing the 4" option.