• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

S&W 422 shoots WAY left...

1911fan

Vortex Pimp
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2006
Lewiston Idaho
advrider.com
I like my 422, and it's a great suppressor host, but it hits so far left it's prit'near worthless. I've drifted the rear sight over as far as possible, so now instead of FEET at 25 yards it's about 6". The rear sight is so far over it's hanging off the side of the slide.
I commented on this to a coworker, who commented that his had the same problem except it shot to the right.
Googling didnt help on this. Anybody got a fix? I like the pistol, but sheesh....

1911fan

Re: S&W 422 shoots WAY left...

Make sure you are not getting baffle strikes. Might want to make sure your threads were cut square. The suppressor might not be contacting the barrel perfectly square. If it happens without the suppressor as well. Then I would say your crown might be screwed up. Any off these would be a simple fix for a competent gunsmith.

Could be assembly problems...theirs, not yours. Barrel could be offset in the frame. Frame and slide not aligned. Barrel and slide offset. If it isn't the suppressor...Send it back.

Sorry, probably should have stated that it shot way left BEFORE it was suppressed. Dunno if sending it back is an option, it's pretty well used.

1911fan

Well.... Not sure what's going on here.
Frog5215 sent me a USPS MO, which I cashed, and I've sent the 422 to the FFL provided. It should have gotten there by now. Communication with frog5215 has been a little difficult for two reasons. First, there may be a delay between when he sends them and when I get them.
Second, his emails are pretty cryptic, like the two I got on November 23: "There to be a a PMO and note from FFL. Let me you have seen any way." and "PMO should have some 11-8 or there. Let me you." and the one I got today: "Should seen funds 11/13 or so. Any note?"
From these I think he's asking whether or not I got the Money Order and if pistol has been sent. I did, and it has, and should be there at his FFL by now.
Frog5215, call your FFL tomorrow as the pistol should be there. I'll call them tomorrow to confirm.
If anybody knows him, can you relay the message?

1911fan

I'll FFL in a you're hours.
Problem all is OK.
Busy with 300# pig , the work, days off, holidays, etc.

Picked up at noon.
In greats shape, sorry about my confusion.
The barrel rear a near shim on left the barrel.
I think I'll able to fix screws.
Thanks,
Frog/Lee

Interesting. If you figure it out, please post pics of the fix. I liked the pistol and will get another one.
Glad it got to you OK.

1911fan

You, if you shooting to the LEFT like that, you move the REAR sight to the right.
With the rear way to left, at 15 years, was 5" to left.
I have removed for a other gun, but it me fine.
You went the wrong way.
I get confused with FRONT sights.