• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors S&W 669 9mm Pistol

bkglock

Field Marshal
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2002
USA
Recently bought one of these in excellent condition, with 3 mags. no box or papers. It's 25 years old and shows very little wear or use, $300. How did I do? The main reasons I bought it was that it's stainless and the price was right. I thought it might make an O.K. truck gun.
Any thoughts, comments or experience you wish to share would be appreciated. Any types of ammo work better than others, or anything you got.
Thank you.

Re: S&W 669 9mm Pistol

Bump
No one has anything to say about this pistol?

S&W pistols tend to be underrated. I was never big on the Gen IIs, but I've always found 3913s to be terribly reliable, and I have a soft spot in my heart for even the fugliest 39-2. Finally, I was so fond of a 6906 that I actually named it.

Congrats on a fine sidearm. Nothing wrong with those! Especially for plinking and such.

Those have been known to crack in the frame, in & around the area of the slide-stop pin. Usually from people shooting a lot of +P+(such as L.E.) I think the sights on them sometimes lack a bit of contrast. My wife has a 459, so pretty similar.

Keep an eye on the left side decocking lever, and make sure the fastener is snug. Those left side levers like to get loose on them.

Make friends with any L.E. agencies, OR, when you think it needs a tune-up(armorer inspection) send it away. Those are VERY picky on some of the rebuild parts when the time comes. Difficult- NO, Tricky and Specific? - YES!

The Trigger reset on those is AWESOME!!! Just that the first shot in DA is kinda heavy.

That gun will serve you well for many many years to come. The 2nd/3rd Gen S&W's have a special place for me too. My first handgun was a nickel 439. Not easy to find those anymore.

Best of luck!

-G45

Thank you for the info.

Can anyone recommend a good reference book dealing with Smith & Wesson, specifically S&W handguns, or a good S&W information website.

Have been finding many good deals on S&W stuff last couple of years. Need to increase knowledge.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bkglock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you for the info.

Can anyone recommend a good reference book dealing with Smith & Wesson, specifically S&W handguns, or a good S&W information website.

Have been finding many good deals on S&W stuff last couple of years. Need to increase knowledge. </div></div>

There's a dedicated S&W forum that you can glean a great deal of information from: http://smith-wessonforum.com/ Just avoid the pitfall of getting into it with certain people there. If you join, you'll understand.