• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TheBigCountry

Green Weenie
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2013
    There’s a NIB EZ here that has never been fired. For some reason, the slide release is one of the stiffest I have ever felt. Once you rack the slide to the rear, if you try the slide release, it won’t budge. You have to push the slide release in, hard, with one hand, and use your other to push the slide forward to get it to release.

Any ideas? Im gonna strip it and clean it, and see if that helps. If not, reach out to S&W themselves.

Check for burrs on the release and after field strip, check for free movement.

I was gifted one. It had a similar issue but after shooting it it has not resurfaced. Does yours have the external safety?

Another note is if you field strip it do not push the grip safety in while placing the slide back on the frame. It will bind up and I literally had to use a rubber mallet to get it back off.

Overall I don’t like the gun due to the mag capacity. The trigger is nice though.