• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors S&W Hghway Patrolman

km71107

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 27, 2008
Northwest Louisiana
CIMG0100.jpg

Here's my 4" Model 28 Highway Patrolman with a set of old Jay Scott grips. My Granddad had a 6" 28 that was the 1st centerfire handgun I fired at about 10yrs old. After that, I had to have one. I finally found one and refuse to part with it. Hope you like it.

Re: S&W Hghway Patrolman

First handgun I ever purchased was a 4" Model 28. I know it's not an "autoloader" but for the man that knows how to use it, a great all around handgun. Kind of that old axiom, "Beware the one gun man, he probably knows how to use it". If you can't solve your problem with a Model 28, you probably should be getting to your rifle, shotgun, etc. Like a fool I sold mine and now to buy one would cost me at least double what I sold it for in 1983.

I've got my 28 looking better now. It's got a Tyler grip adapter on it now and I'm about to make a Threepersons holster for it. In case you are wondering, I'm not old, only 35, I just like "old guy" guns
grin.gif
No offense to anybody older than me, most of you have great taste in guns!

I still have a mod28 way in the back of the safe. You just have to have a .357 N frame.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: km71107</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the back of the safe?
shocked.gif
It belongs in the front so you can get out and shoot it!
grin.gif
</div></div>

You can't shoot them all. My Highway Patrol was retired long ago for a .44mag Mountian gun when I need a woods gun without being a cannon like the .500 Limbaugh. The Hp still makes a good self defence toter its just to damn big!

You're right, it is too damn big for concealed carry. Unless it's freezing cold and you have on a thick jacket. My duty gun & normal carry gun is a Glock 22. As much as I hate that Glock, it works and I shoot just fine with it. My woods gun is normally a Super Blackhawk or a 1911.

awesome looking piece! I love old guns and some day hope to start a decent collection. as of now I im a big fan of technology and keep finding myself buyying the newest and best guns. some day ill get back to the roots.

I'll wager he's a new poster. I'm not sure why, but old posts must show up for new posters. I've seen it often in the other subforums. Nice gun, though.