• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

s&w m&p 15 quality?

jimbob

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2008
Colville, Washington
I bought a m&p 15 model mp15or,and I was wondering how these rate compaired to other ar15s quality and resale wise. this was a compulsive purchase and it is my first gas gun. I installed a Geissele national match trigger,enidyne buffer,caa grip, and a leupold mark ar 3x9 with mildot.

Re: s&w m&p 15 quality?

I believe they're on par with some of the better names in the business- Rock River, Bushmaster etc. They had some issues to begin with, but that's apparently been resolved. So yes, they're a good buy for an off-the-shelf rifle. Have you shot it?

D

S&P15 is good to go. Almost anything AR15 holds good resale value right now as long as you did not overpay for it; but the SP15 in particular holds its value in particular since it is on par with the good brands.

I've got two of my own and have purchased several for my dept; they've all been fine so far.

I have put a few hundred rounds through it so far and i love it. it seems to be realy picky about ammo. I'm more of a bolt rifle kind of guy, I just always wanted an ar 15.

They are one of the best ARs for the price. Not quite on par with LMT, Colt, and CDD but better than Bushmaster, RRA, DPMS.

i love mine, even though it flat out refuses to eject any brand of steel shell round. my friends has the same problem.

bench

I have the M&P15t and it is amazing. I like it better than my uncle's colt. He has since bought a M&P15t also.

Earlier models had loose gas block issues, which caused gas leaks and short stroking. They would also not accept Pmags. Those issues may have been fixed already but I am not positive.

I would check to see if your lower will take Pmags and if your gas block is setscrewed.

Get rid of the CAA grip and get a magpul MOE or Tangodown.