• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

S&W M&P 5.7, adding a thumb safety

tanker79

Private
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2024
Maryland
Hey ya'll, I'm an FNG to the site so don't slam me to bad. I'm not new to firearms though and have a lot of practical experience ;-)

I just recently picked up a M&P 5.7 but it's the model without a safety. (I know all the pros and cons to not running vs running a safety so we don't need to go down that rabbit hole) All my other S&W's that I've trained and practiced with for years have had safeties so physically working a safety is built into my muscle memory. From what I have been told, S&W will not sell the parts nor do the install of a saftey on models that didn't come with the safety installed from the factory. However, I see online (ebay and a host of other retailers) there's a M&P 2.0 safety kit floating around for sale. Does anyone know, will the M&P 2.0 saftey kit work in the S&W 5.7 or does anyone have any details on how to get the correct safety kit? If someone has a M&P 5.7 with a saftey but they want to gut the safety please let me know. I will buy the parts from you.

Thank you in advanced
Tank

Last edited: